Aerosoft CRJ and the unreliable SPEED mode…help!

I’ve been flying the CRJ now for a week and enjoy it, except I’m running into issues with SPEED mode working reliably…First off, I know it’s not an auto throttle mode. It basically pitches the plane while maintaining the set speed…The issue I have is, it just doesn’t want to work most of the time…

I’ve tried the following…making sure I’ve set a higher altitude and I’m on climb mode on the throttles…

Take off, and start hand flying the SID, then turn on NAV, then SPEED, then turn on auto pilot. Sometimes, speed mode will work, but most of the time, it blows past my set speed…and won’t climb like it’s supposed to…

Take off, and start hand flying the SID, then turn on NAV, then turn on auto pilot, then SPEED. Again, it’s totally random if speed mode will work on the climb.

I’ve tried toggling speed mode on and off, during the climb when it fails and sometimes, it will finally start working…

I tried two flights today out of KSMF and both times, speed mode in the climb didn’t work…Out of frustration, I did 6 takeoffs in a row. Two times speed mode worked…four times it didn’t. On one takeoff, I literally kept clicking speed mode on and off, about 10 times before it started working…lol

Does anyone know how to get speed mode to engage and work properly, all the time?

Been having the exact same issue. After take off I can climb out at 250 no problem but a lot of the time when I have to level off for Atc or a sid restriction. After I start climbing again the plane will go past the speed I set and I’ll have to set it into vs mode. I always get it to work again but only after turning it on and off again multiple times and then it works fine the rest of the climb to cruise. I make sure to follow the steps as well, altitude set, speed set, thrust climb.

The CRJ has no autothrust. Don´t even try it :wink:

They are talking about the speed hold for climb, which it does have but is unreliable.

Unfortunately the CRJ has started gathering dust for me as I have these sporadic issues which just take the fun out of flying it.

1 Like

Same here, never found a solution.

I once suspected that it has to do with mapping the button via external applications, but never found a way to conclusively prove it.

Here you go, decided to make a video since it’s easier than typing everything.