Aerosoft CRJ - ILS Course Heading off 180 degrees

I just purchased the Aerosoft CRJ. It’s a pretty easy learning curve after flying the PMDG 737 quite a bit the last few weeks, though I’ll need to learn how to fly a plane w/o Auto Throttle. (At least a plane heavier than the CJ4). But, got a question:

I was preparing to land at KDEN, ILS Runway 16L, which has a 173 runway heading. Got ready to intercept the final course path, so switched the NAV source from FMS to LOC. I saw that the Course needle was pointed in the opposite direction, 353 degrees (RW 34R), which is 180 off from what I expected. I’ve not see this in any previous aircraft; they all seem to automatically dial in the correct runway CRS setting. I note that the ILS frequency is the same for 16L and 34R (111.1). I think I tried hitting the B/C button, but it didn’t do anything.

Is there a specific procedure for this situation? Am I missing anything obvious?

You don’t need to switch the NAV source to LOC. If you are on an intercept to the runway, and the radio is tuned correctly, you should see a blue line (LOC), then just press APR button on the AP and it will capture.

Yeah, I definitely saw the blue line, but again, the arrow was pointing away from the runway.

This was only my second ILS landing in the CRJ. The first time I never got LOC or G/S (just a blue asterisk where I’d normally see the green glideslope diamond), and had to hand fly it, so after watching a video and seeing someone change the Nav source, I did the same, but got the above. Maybe next time I’ll try spinning the CRS knob to the correct heading, but again, all other planes I’ve flown have set CRS automatically for me.

One minor issue I have with this plane is that the displays and the data are a bit small and hard to read…I’ll need to fiddle with my main “landing view” so I can see the runway and the PFD and whatever else I need.

I set the correct heading before departure and on the final switch from LNAV to heading mode than change to LOC mode and APP, maybe not the official way how to do it but works every time.

~Bram