Aerosoft CRJ Series

I’ll get about 25 fps with new flight on the apron then gradually increases to around 40 fps in cruise. However my fps still tanks coming into approach in a new area, dipping down to around 15 fps with some stutters. I’ve had this issue for the past few updates so my issue is with the sim, not the CRJ.

I7 9700 RTX 2070S 32 GB
4K 70% render scaling 200 LOD and mix of ultra and high settings.

I get about 8-10 fps more using the CJ4, on average. Makes sense I’ve heard many saying they lose 5-10 fps with the CRJ but makes sense since it is much more in-depth than the default aircraft.

Remember you need to do a manual install off the navigraph website for the CRJ. Hopefully after the MSFS beta is finished then all of the products can be updated through the FMS data desktop manager.

2 Likes

Try lowering your LOD settings down below 200.Your CPU is likely not fast enough for that setting and will bottleneck. What about your traffic settings?

Idk around 50%. Would have to check… Every plane except the CRJ has been acceptable on approach, the only time I have issues. 25 fps is acceptable for me so I’m trying to keep my settings as is. I used to have my LOD set to 400 with no issues but with the new World and Sim updates I’ve had to cut that back to 200. I can’t complain though as there have been many others who have experienced a lot worse issues.

I do know I need a more powerful CPU eventually. I’m trying to hold out for one more generation though. Would like to get a Zen 4 system and RDNA 3 or RTX 4000 series. Figured about that time would be when MSFS gets really hammered out and optimized so I’m living with my settings and results for now.

Right now I’m coming into KIND at 7k feet and I’m holding steady at 25 to 30 fps so it’s not really that bad for me. I’m in the CRJ. Right before landing I’ll start to get some stutters for about 15 seconds then it will smooth back out.

I am planning to purchase the crj the end of this week.Gosh so many places it’s selling.
Might just get it off the marketplace.
My specs are mentioned on this page.Overall great performance with the fbw a3nx but I’m getting tired of it.
I’m expecting the crj to perform well.

1 Like

It’s definitely worth it. Only issues I have been having is following the glideslope, which I am sure is due to issues in the base sim. A lot of my landings are coming in shallow so I just take control a little sooner than I normally would.

I am not bothered by the need to adjust seating position because I adjust it all the time in all a/c.

What bothers me most are two issues:
1). The 3D mouse floats a few inches above the surface of FMS. It is hard to click the buttons I want. I have to close one eye (forgot which, probably the left one) to make the mouse align with buttons to press them. Same thing with EFB. The mouse is not exactly on the surface. If you look with one eye only at a time, the mouse falls on two different spots.

2).The information on HUD appears as two images widely apart. It is like reading a sheet of glass with words written on it right in front of your nose. I have to lean back and read it like a computer screen. This totally kills the purpose of HUD, which suppose to display information while you keep your eyes on runway.

The HUD in MFS is difficult and as of right now impossible to have perform as it does in RW. For a HUD to work properly, it has to be an “Optically Collimated Image”. That means that your don’t have to refocus your gaze to read the images in the HUD - you keep your “long range” vision active by looking out into the distance as you normally would and you can still read the HUD display (quite a neat trick if you think about it). If you’ve used the PMDG HUD in P3D and maybe even FSX, you will know what a proper collimated image looks like. We shall see if PMDG can bring this to FS - sure hope so.

In addition to @PilotOhmar 's first gripe, I have another with the CRJ. The fonts on the displays are small - some are saying too small compared to RW and I’d have to agree with them. The biggest issue for me is changing the preselected altitude value. Not only does the mouse “hover” over the selector knob but when you start turning it and move your head and view slightly to the left in order to read the display, the mouse will come off the knob and ends up centered in your view as you look at the display. Very, very annoying. A little workaround I use for this is to swing down the HUD and use that to view the alt changes I input. The HUD fonts are easier to read when up close. Now, I’m using a Quest 2 on a moderate machine so maybe G2 users with strong rigs don’t have as much of an issue reading the displays.

If you’re thinking about purchasing the CRJ I’d recommend going to their forums to look for issues like these. That said, I like the CRJ warts and all and will continue to fly it hoping for improvement in VR performance.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hello, I wanted to let you know that the distributor Aerosoft and its new CRJ 500 \ 700 is a real shame in the modeling and exterior textures, it is embarrassing after paying the price of the plane, the flight model is quite good and successful but what happens abroad? What happens in those liveries? Apparently they are fine but when you make a camera drone and zoom in on the detail it looks HORROROUS with all saw teeth, it is shameful that a supposed official distributor makes these planes without the same graphic quality as for example those of asobo-microsoft, even the planes carenado have incredible exterior finishes !! I wanted to make it clear that I play at 4k ultra high with an rtx 3080, i9 10900k, and 32gb of ram, after paying so much money for that plane I feel disappointed, does anyone else think the same?

2 Likes

This would probably have more impact if you posted this on their forum instead of here.

3 Likes

If you are right, but I open this post here to make people know and avoid buying products of this type since at least MINIMUM they should have the graphic standard and textures of the default aircraft and boy … that does not come close to it. more minimal

To give an example from another video game, it is as if you buy a weapon or a skin of a weapon in call of duty, the tests are going very well the weapon, but it looks badly blurred and that it is not at the height of the same weapons graphically

It is not that I live from the graphics, but I think that after paying more than 50 euros and more being an official distributor, I find your product unfortunate because I did not expect it

1 Like

Since the OP just wants the community know about this problem and the potential customer base is at least 100 times larger here than at the Aerosoft forum, it was the right choice, from his POV.

4 Likes

I highly disagree with you. But I sense that you’re only posting to get attention. So, mission accomplished.

3 Likes

Do you have any screenshots of these issues you’re facing?

1 Like

Maybe one day the CRJ will be as good as the Carenado aircraft.

Obviously things like systems and flight dynamics aren’t important then…

But what one person’s gold, is another person’s trash seems to apply here.

1 Like

From what I see in this forum there are people who seem not to understand the complaints and respect the opinions of others. I am only talking about the exterior modeling, the flight model I have no complaints about it, I feel cheated, that you and the people Does it matter to him and does he have over 50 euros? Sounds cool to me, but to most normal people, this kind of prob

Anyway, anyone who has the CRj 500/700 check it for himself, activate the camera drone, and bring it almost as close to the exterior details of the plane and the livery, serrated teeth appear by the flag, the tail, etc. the same with any default plane, you will see

Its a reality

Lol That would be your GPU not the CRJ. I don’t see this…! If the livery you are using is less then 10mb in size zipped then it is not quality. If you d/l a livery which is 70 mb then you will not suffer anti aliasing problems. It’s the livery maker not the plane maker.

3 Likes

I’m just saying that I thought you’re trying to point out the flaws so that the Aerosoft developer could take a look at the feedback and plan to make an update to it. From what I’m seeing is that, even if the community here has visibility with the issues you’re facing.

Whether we buy it or not, it won’t have any impact on the future development or update of the mod to fix the issues, simply because they don’t know if it’s an issue since you didn’t post it in their forum.

But if you post it in their forum, and they receive the feedback and plan to get the aircraft updated or not. If we do buy it, we would get the fix update. But if we don’t buy it, then we wouldn’t benefit from it.

So my point is, posting it in here doesn’t really give a benefit (as a whole) other than giving other people idea to avoid the mod. But that’s not solving the issue because they don’t know it’s an issue, solving the issue is to point out to the developer directly with the issues, so that they can fix it, and people who do buy it receive the fix.

2 Likes

First of all I wanted to thank you for your recommendation, and if I have already made it known to the developer, secondly I wanted to tell you that this is a free forum to comment and comment on things with which I think and comment where I can, I am only giving my opinion and avoiding Many people who look at everything in detail spend 50 euros and feel disappointed with the exterior 3D model by expanding the details to the maximum, thank you for your contribution and if I hope this is solved for me and for everyone

1 Like