Aerosoft Twin Otter Tutorials - Out Now!

The Aerosoft Twin Otter for MSFS is out now! Fresh out of the paint shop, it comes with lot of options - from floats to skis!

Over three short basic videos, I’ll show you how to enjoy it no matter what level of sim pilot you like to be!

Be sure to check out the tutorials tab on http://britishavgeek.com for more including a one page basics checklist for the Twin Otter! Click Subscribe :+1:

Episode 1 of 3:

13 Likes

Episode 2 -

3 Likes

Episode 3 -

http://britishavgeek.com/twin-otter-1 for the summarised checklist too! Hope you all enjoy the mini series :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So now we know flying a new content we never get on Xbox awesome! You should delete the Xbox tag my friend it’s useless but anyway, thank you for your work.

It’s an add-on available on Xbox isn’t it? The tutorial should work on both platforms

The gamepass is confusing but no this add on is not available on xbox at least for now, However, you are doing a good job on your channel.

1 Like

Oooh didn’t realise, I removed that tag in that case :slightly_smiling_face: great to hear you enjoy the content!

Hi, many thanks for the awesome tutorials! One thing that I think you didn’t cover, and that I would like to know about, is the yaw damper. When to turn it on, when to turn it off, and what it actually does. Also, a lot of people have difficulty with the autopilot. For me it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn’t, although I think I do the exact same things… Or is there already a good tutorial for it?

Hi! Glad you enjoy the tutorials!

Yaw Damper - if using autopilot I’d turn it on.

What in particular about the issues with the AP are you having? If it’s flight planning, easiest thing is to plan the route in the world map as you want it and then the Nav mode should work :slightly_smiling_face:

That makes sense, but how can I test that it works? Is it supposed to keep all turns automatically coordinated? Tbh, I haven’t been able to tell any difference in flight behavior with it on or off. The manual also doesn’t give a clear answer…

I want to set an altitude and than climb to it with a given VS. Often that works, but sometimes it doesn’t, it shoots through the altitude, or levels out several hundred feet off the assigned altitude. I wish I could be more specific, but it is very temperamental and I have difficulty getting reproducible results.

So, I guess at this point I would like to know: what is the “official”, correct sequence of button pushes to achieve the following example: I’m cruising at 2000ft, and now I want to climb to 5000ft with 1000ft/min. What buttons do I have to push to achieve this?

The problem is that it’s the default autopilot (I think the same as the king air?) so it’s following good old random msfs logic.

Re: the Yaw Damper, yes it should keep it coordinated but like you said, I too notice it stays well coordinated anyway (I keep forgetting to turn it on!)

You found it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Question for you! (And thanks, btw, for posting all these great videos). I want to buy this but I’ve never been a big fan of the study-level aircraft. Like, I don’t want to spend forever getting things started up, pushing all the buttons in the right sequence, waiting for the engines to start, etc. Can this aircraft be started up quickly and flown fairly easily? Like is there an automatic checklist like with default aircraft so I can hit Ctrl+E and pretty quickly get to flying? Thanks!

Haven’t checked or tried it myself - the start up in Episode 1 is very short and fairly quick (get it started in a few minutes) so could try that and see if it’s quick enough for you or not. Its probable that Control + E also works but haven’t tried myself

1 Like