Afc_bridge

Having read what data I can on AFC_BRIDGE and having it selected in my Content Manager it appears it is something I want but can’t have yet, correct? Can anyone enlighten me as to what problems I might be having with my new Bravo Throttles Quadrant? I have had questions about things that seam to be a little strange in Controls Setup. It has taken extra testing to get thing to function correctly.

What do you mean by “can’t have” ?

Have you downloaded the software from Honeycomb?

Or do you mean it shows up as “un installed” in Content Manager? It does this for me to and seems to. E tied to renaming or emptying your community folder as that is where the files go.

So if you did empty it you may need to reinstall the honeycomb software. I’d you simply renamed it at one point or copied files out. Long as you out them back you are fine.

This is the same behaviour on mine.

At the end of the day, if the lights on your Bravo are working. AFC_Bridge is installed and working.

Afc bridge is the software you downloaded to make the lights on your Bravo work. It will appear in your community manager in the game grayed out, because it is installed in your community folder. It will not download, update, or otherwise allow you to interact with it inside of your community manager in-game.

This is normal.

Any problems you are having with key binds are between you and your computer. If you haven’t checked out Rmag’s channel and watched all of his honeycomb config videos, this is where you need to start:

Beyond using the techniques his videos go over, if you are still experiencing issues, you need to find and fix any operating system corrupted files using DISM and SFC, and go through your device manager to update ALL of your component drivers (or use intel driver updater if you are team blue). Ensure all of your USB ports and devices that have a power management tab in the properties menu have “allow windows to turn off” or whatever it says disabled. Turn off selective suspend in your power settings advanced tab for the usb devices.

They are working partially the anti-ice light is always on even though it shouldn’be. Auto pilot lites don’t seam to be working either. At least I am not alone.

Everytime I think I have everything bound correctly I find I have a long way to go. What would a novis simmer like me do without people like you. I will have to go through this later as it is late here. Thanks for your help. By the way I fournd Afc bridge in the community folder but it was no grayed out and in the latest update it is still not installed. I will have my tech help me with getting it installed.

The afc bridge file, in your community folder, is not grayed out.

The afc bridge placeholder, in your community manager in the game, is grayed out and cannot be interacted with.

Just wanted to say that again because it sounds like there was some confusion reading my first post in this thread.

Honeycomb released an update software package after WU6, which fixed some things becaue of WU6 broke them. Get the update and see if that does things right, it did for me.

You are correct, I misunderstood what you were saying. So if i understand for ever I will always have an item in the Preset Manager that is uninstalled (unless someone else decided to correct it)? The vidios you attached were of great help so far except one relating to the bug in the CRS on the autopilot. I have listened to the procedure at least 20 time and no matter how hard I try when I get to the search by input, I get the inputs but in the center screen I just get a blank gray screen. I have tryed it several different way and nothing changes. If you have any suggestions please let me know. As soon as I correct this bug I will proceed to to others. Thank You for all the help.

When I entered the Honeycomb software it loaded as a corrupted file. There was nothing I could do to the file. I couldn’t change the name or delete the file and it wouldn’t let me overwrite it either. I finally gave up and hired a company who fixed it after 4+ hour working on the issue. Later they came out with the new update that deleted all corrupted files. There was nothing I could do eventhough I culd see them and saw that they were corrupt. Fixed now.

Yes. That will happen with any addon items you store in your community folder.

For the blank gray screen issue: below the column where you find your “search by input”, at the bottom, there is a box that you can select which keybind options are displayed. I’m trying to explain this from memory so bear with me, but they say something like “assigned”, or “all”. Make sure that you have “all” selected and try your input search again.

I am truly sorry to be sucha pest but I noted that you have had one of the issues I am curently having. I am trying to correct the bindings in my Bravo Throttle Quadrant and everytime i select Sim Rate for instance I get all normal screens, but wshen I enter a binding key such a r immediately I get the message “You are trying to assign an action to a device that is not selected”. I looked it up on line and I understand most of the suggestions and have tryed them all. I have disconected the Alpha Yoke I pulled the batteries out of my mouse and made sue that all keys were cycled to be sure non are stuck of sticky. Everything you have told me thus far has worked thus I take the line of least resistance and keep coming back to you. I do note that the only lights on my Bravo are the Landing Gear the Red Anti Ice and occassionally the Red Parking Break lights. Pressing any buttons on the auto pilot does nothing. At one point they were back lite white but that was right after the initial install. I would try Honeycomb but that has been at least a three or four week ordeal where thay ask more questions than they ever answer. It looks to me like my Bravo is just not installed correctly but at this point no one really know how to fix that issue.

The message about assigning a key bind to a device not selected is because in your example, trying to bind an r key…are you trying to bind the r key while you are in the control manager for the bravo? Or the keyboard? I haven’t tried it, but it stands to reason that since you cannot change bindings in 2 devices at the same time, that you cannot bind a keystoke combo between 2 devices. I am fairly certain you can only do keyboard bindings while you are in the controls manager for the keyboard. You can only change bravo bindings while in the controls manager for the bravo. I don’t even know if the game is capable of saving key binds between buttons on 2 separate devices because of the way you have to select a single device to assign functions and save those changes before moving on to another device.

In regards to the lights for the autopilot: forget about them for the time being. Get your key binds set. One thing at a time.

Turns out I had unbound the r key on the key board. It took hours to discover that was the problem. It is now working correctly and all buttons are bound correctly and appear to be working as well. This includes the autopilot buttons which took an entire day to accomplish. The pause button on my keyboard has turned out to be a big help. I push it and change setting as needed and push it again and see if the change did it’s job. My tech helped me uninstall and reinstall the Bravo which seams to have worked wonders for my light issue. The anti ice light still stays on all the time but that might get fixed in an update laster. All the others function as expected. There is only one button on the autopilot panel that lights up (the on/off). I did a couple of touch and gos just to see if everything feels ok. Now on to getting my headset to do more than just listen. I have the mic working but it doesn’t let me communicate within the game. It is a Thrustmaster built for the game I guess I will have to talk with them. I don’t know what I would have done without your patientce and help. As I have said before this has been an extream learning experiance for sure.

Sorrry - ment to say thanks for everything.

1 Like

We’re did you find the new drivers? On flyhoneycomb.com the files in the zip are from January 2021. I can’t find a new one.
Can you give me a link?

Honeycomb Downloads – Honeycomb Aeronautical (flyhoneycomb.com) - Scroll down page till MSFS-2020 click download, that will be the latest one I could find, it fixed my issues when used it. I did not check date, but believed it was newer than what I had used previously. Good Luck. FWIW, Several MS Store updates with X-Box stuff, not sure it that is causing issues either.