After a group flight "Flight conditions" not accessible, stuck in an old group?

Same Problem here. Maybe we can help each other and be „friends“ to leave the group? :thinking:

1 Like

Same problem here. I’ll try your way and tell here later

Dude, this doesn’t work for me. Do you know if I make another profile my Xbox ultimate will usable in the new profile?

Hi there. I’ve got the same problem here. Did you find the resolution for this problem?

I believe so as long as the console is set as your home Xbox. Did you definitely turn off ALL online settings and fully close and restart the game before turning them back on again?

I did all the way you described. The good thing is the game did not crash after that. But the climate and date remain freeze in the date I flight with my friend.

Sorry man, I had the problem for a few weeks and this is what worked for me. Really needs a patch by now.

1 Like

I had this issue and FINALLY figured out something that worked for me. It definitely seems this is tied to our Microsoft gamer accounts. I just simply logged out of my account in-game by clicking on my icon in the corner. I waited until the game asked me to log-in again and I picked an alternate account. It was there that I realized everything worked as usual…so I logged out of the alternate account and back into my normal account. And it fixed all my issues linked to my normal account! I will say that my controls needed to be set back to the profile that I created previously (so make sure control bindings are backed up). Also, some of my settings seemed to be reset such as the multiplayer/online settings. So, check to make sure your settings are back to the way you want them. I’m not sure if logging into an alternate account is needed. It might just simply be to log out and back in again. I can finally change my weather mid-flight! Its been months since I’ve been able to do that! Whew.

OH! Also, my ATR setting was greyed out during flight after this fix. So I did the ATR fix that has been posted online of changing the assistance options to “All Assists”/Apply and Save/ then Back to “True To Life”/Apply and Save. And this fixed that issue.

I hope this helps someone out there!

I have tried this and it does not work for me, unfortunately. I even deleted my Microsoft cloud save on Xbox so that it would create a new one. No change to being stuck in a group.

The ONLY approach that works for me is an inconvenient work around: use my daughter’s secondary Xbox account in Flight Sim. Then everything works perfectly, but of course I’m not getting to use my own account.

Logging out and back in did not resolve it for me, but I I stumbled upon a solution last night that worked! This is after trying a dozen different approaches that did not work and nearly giving up.

My Xbox has a secondary account on it for my daughter as mentioned above, and this is part of the solution. I think anyone struggling with this issue still, at least on Xbox, should set up a secondary account on their console as it is both a useful work around and part of the solution I used. I’m not sure if you can set up a secondary account on the PC in the Xbox app, or what you’d do if you have a Steam version (I haven’t looked into this).

Here are the steps I followed:

• Create the secondary account on your xbox if you haven’t already. Send and accept a friend request from your primary to the secondary (you may have to switch back and forth or use the Xbox app on your phone to do this)
  • Using the log in menu in the game, log into your secondary account (the primary account will remain active in the Xbox system menu to provide the game license)
  • Load into the world with multiplayer active. I believe this puts the secondary account in Online status within the game world
  • Exit the world back to the main menu and switch back to the primary account in the game menu
  • Turn off Data/Online Functionality in settings
  • Force quit game
  • Restart game
  • Activate Data/Online functionality
  • Go to World Map
  • You can try changing weather and time, but it still won’t stick (at least it didn’t for me)
  • Click the icon with the single head. You’ll see your secondary account as active/online. Invite that account to Group. No need to accept the invite from that account. Stay on the primary one.
  • Now the Group dropdown menu works. Go to it and select Leave Group.
  • This reset everything for me.

I will provide updates if anything changes, but I have full functionality again.

Something interesting happened last night that gave me better insight on this. After I fixed my account and could play normally, I joined my friend for another group session (same friend that originally triggered problems with my account). As soon as I joined his group, my Group menu would no longer drop down. The game session was normal but afterwards he manually left the group (I could not) and, once again, my weather and time functionality was broken. I was able to quickly fix it by doing a subset of the original steps, just hitting the Xbox button and signing in my secondary account then going back to the game and inviting that account to a group, then leaving it.

But here’s the thing. The friend who triggers the account problems always plays with “Appear Offline” enabled. My daughter’s account is set normally. I have a new theory: joining a group session with someone who plays in “Appear Offline” mode triggers glitches in this game. When I can, I will test this theory with him by getting him to go online first and seeing if it makes a difference.

At least i know a quick way to clear the issue each time it comes up now. I put a fair amount of time into figuring this out.

Thank you so much redman!!! That was the solution i was searching for so long :pray::pray::kissing_heart::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I turned off all online settings, closed the game and restarted it. I was able to access it again. Thanks to the person who suggested that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.