After MONTHS FS2020 is still CTD?

Yes. It is BD Firewall that needs to be disabled to prevent possible CTDs. All other active BD modules including the main BD Antivirus, so far, have not affected FS2020. These findings were discovered by FS2020/Asobo support (Zendesk) team, after I sent them various Windows and FS2020 system files. Make sure Windows Firewall is active, that definitely does not affect FS2020. This only applies if you are having CTDs, as a test. Reports have shown not everyone are having CTD’s with all active BD modules. PCs are highly complex, and are like individuals, what affects one PC, may not affect another.

2 Likes

Wow that’s interesting I wonder could Norton Antivirus cause any issues with the sim since I’m also experiencing CTDs

is possible, i have done it away many years ago and wow pc ran sooo much better.
norton and macafee is unneccesary bloatware. defender and malawarebytes, way faster and nada issues.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the heads up.

I tried but still have some random CTDs…

The real issue to me is that this is typical Microsoft stuff : totally unstable. uncompatible with a lot of standard stuff.
I never had any issue with any other game I installed on my PC but stuff comming from MS.
It is really a shame.

After su8 I got also more ctd again. At start, at gate, at fly, there is no pattern, it just happened. I am playing game for over 35 years and cant remember a game which is so unstable. Stutters in game, stutters in sound without any obvious reason. After su7 it was ok, but with su8 i got more ctd in two days as with su7 in a month.

1 Like

And when you see the list of procedures to only try to solve it without any garantee of success, it seems you need to be a computer programmer to run this sim…

1 Like

FS2020 is by far the most graphics intensive games/sims and pushes the CPU and GPU to their limits. It relies heavily on a fast continuous internet connection, and because of this AV apps can cause issues. However, there is a lot of information on this forum, about CTDs. An example, like temporary moving your Community folder, disabling Rolling Cache, et. PCs are highly complex, and are like individuals, what effects one PC, may not effect another, even though they have exactly the same specification. And like people, they need to be healthy to run well. So much junk, corrupted and fragmented files, out of date drivers, et. can cause problems. Problems with hardware can cause CTD’s like poor CPU and GPU cooling, Underpowered PSUs et. Adjusting the FS2020 settings according to your PC specs, et. No, you don’t have to be a programmer. FS2020 support you help you sort out your CTD issues, and will ask for your FS2020 and Windows system files. Don’t give up.

1 Like

of course… we mentioned this so often. In special the additional useless stuff coming with these tools cause often issues ( like own firewalls, performance optimizer, clean-up stuff, million of tools which users not need ).

Here another example:

1 Like

I just deleted kasperksy and am getting bit defender but like all AV software, I turn it off completely when starting the simulator.