After more than 7Hours Flying FPs drop to 10 fps

Hi Community, i tried to find something related in the forum but i didnt.

Every flight i did for more than 7 hrs, suddenly drop FPS from 40-60 in High/ultra to 10 and its not possible to recover it until restart. any idea why its happening? i tried several times with different destinations around the world, tried with different planes, but issue happens again.

My specs

Intel I7 gen 9 9750H
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA gtx 2070 Super 8 gb ram at 1920x1080
SSD Intel Optane 1 TB

In short flight s there no issue, if i get back to the menu i get 60 or more but when im bck to the game downs to 7 -10

3 Likes

I have exactly the same problem and I haven’t found a working solution.

For me this occurs after 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately.

1 Like

Maybe the computer is just getting tired and wants a break? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I know that is of no use to you but I have this terrible excuse for a sense of humour…

5 Likes

I had the same issue ~60FPS for first hour then 5-6FPS and choppy. Menus were fine. Someone suggest going to the pop up menu at the top and there a Reset Panels option. They said it fixed it for them. I haven’t been able to recreate and test go figure, but now I CTD.

1 Like

hahaha i believed the same. i added an additional cooler thinking that the VC or Something het warm but not. i believe its a Bug.

MY Guess is GPU is over heating

1 Like

ALSO diasable VFR map in toolbar menu , top of screen, u will gain fps .

maybe also go into control panel while game is running and turn cpu priority to real time …

Adopt a cat or dog from your local shelter .

IF it is a bug , I wonder if its aircraft specific.,… SOOO many complaints about airbus.

i believe is a Bug, not happens before last update. happens in all planes. GPU temp avg 50-60 degrees so its not related with HW. and is replicable. so always happens in the same period of time.

hmmmmm Buffer overload… ?

I suggest throwing your PC away and buying a brand new one…

Dunno I havent expiereneced anyhting like that, longest flight for me was 5 hours in an airbus that went flawlessly…

Good luck hope it gets fixed…

Hey guys, I flew in Cessna for 8 hours to Stuambul. After 3 hours of flight, the pilots in glasses appeared in my cockpit. It was cool and funny. But it was a glitch. then they disappeared by themselves. But for some time I felt very close between sitting their eggs) It’s a pity that I didn’t have a screenshot. :laughing:

Also had this. Near approach, drops to 10fps, CoherentGTDraw, then eventually built back up. I don’t think the sim can handle lots of things being drawn on the gauges still.

1 Like

I noticed RAM consumed climbs to 20GB (I have 64GB), VRAM at 8GB (of 11GB), GPU drops to 25%, CPU 15%. FPS: 10

1 Like

I had this issue as well on approach to KORD went from 30 in the cockpit to 1 FPS it was a miracle how I ever made that landing this was after a 3 hour flight a few weeks ago and on the 787. I did notice that disabling the VFR map which I absolutely dread does gain FPS though . Lots of issues going on . Well see what happens next week after the patch !

Same here, after 5 or 6 hours I should really land somewhere and restart the game. It’s not heat issues since directly starting again fixes the issue, plus the CPU and GPU are at a constant 74c while playing.

Perhaps the game has a memory leak or a bug with the rolling cache. The slow down happens gradually and after a few hours it becomes significant enough to notice. Not sudden for me, just gradual grind to a crawl, lock up or crash to desktop. I suspect it’s the rolling cache management or at least something to do with streaming since the ‘stutters’ get longer and more frequent the longer the game runs.

It sucks the save is broken. Today when it got too bad again I saved mid flight, tried to load that save, nothing, fly button disabled. Then I tried to paste the coordinates in the .FLT file into the search box and it gave me a position somewhere far off… So I estimated where about I was and clicked on the map to use that as a continue position, pressed fly, CTD. smh.

exactly Same symptom. Ticket Submited.

3 Likes

You can vote on this issue in the bugs section here: Gameplay Degrades with Time

1 Like

I got really mad last night because it kept crashing to the desktop, but I did two flights today from Baltimore to Nassau and I’m halfway done on my return flight and it’s smooth sailing so far. I did mess with the graphic settings a lot, like ALOT and fine-tuned everything this morning. I get a little stutter but I think I should be good to go. :+1:

Same here. Did a 12 hour flight in 787, and landing at small city airport and realize the fps is so bad that i can even land properly with such poor fps.

I am having the exact same issue. After about 3-4 hours the frame rate goes from 60 FPS to 7 FPS in the 787 which I use mainly.

Specs are:
9900K @5GHz
RTX 2080 8GB
32 GB Ram

Temps are in check, so it is not a heat issue. I did notice that when the FPS are at 60 initially the GPU utilizations hangs around 80%-90%. After the frame drop the GPU utilizations is only at 15%. It must be a software bug or optimization issue.
I am not sure if it was an issue before the latest update because I have only started doing long haul flights recently. Going to wait for the next update I guess.

1 Like