After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

I’ve often wondered if all the popping in of planes and scenery on approach causes some of these issues.

I never appreciated how much gets loaded on final approach until I started using Little Navmap and saw all the orange planes start appearing at gates on the map in rapid succession.

1 Like

Is it okay if I use the simulator, and have fun while doing so? I sure hope I can.

1 Like

No! No fun allowed. This is serious!

1 Like

Takeoff ROAH from Japan with FPS more than 55 and keep that during cruise,however after 2.5hours flying when approach VHHH downwind about 3000Ft,the FPS drops to the around 35 and contiune drop to the 25 when final approach. The most strange point is the FPS back to normal(55fps) when I restart flight and with same location VHHH, is it bug or not.

my pc spec:11700k+3080+32g+2t SSD win10

What plane u using? is it a wasm plane?

FBW a32nx dev,

Yeah thats a wasm plane. I heard the fps drop has something to do with wasm

so its airplane model issue not MSFS,is it right?And have to wait FBW team update aircraft in future.

1 Like

Its a msfs issue apparently. This is from a couple of post back :

2 Likes

seems we have nothing to do but waiting and try to fly whole sector within 2 hours.

If using rex weather thats your problem…it builds a cache (STILL)…just stop it for a few secs then re-engage

I use default live WX, SPAD, VOLANTA and VATSIM, any one among these APP will make FPS loose due to WASM?

I use default weather, Volanta, Navigraph charts, Vatsim, A32nx dev.
Fps drops after 4 hours flight .

so I’m not going to act like I have the ultimate solution, but I’m still having zero FPS drop nor stutters with the following settings (I’m in the Beta):

Clean Windows Install on 12/19 - This did NOT fix the FPS drop by itself

Nvidia: latest drivers
Low Latency - Ultra
Power Management - Prefer maximum performance
V-Sync - Use 3D Application Setting

MSFS: Ultra everything except those below:
PG On
Rolling / Manual Cache - Off
Render: 120 (2080 Super)
V-sync - 30fps
LOD/Objects - 100
Raymarch Textures - Medium

Toolbar:
Turn off everything except: Active Pause, (i use pushback add-on), Fuel, Weather

Latest FBW - countless flights since Christmas Eve with zero FPS and full GPU usage the entire flight. On/off vatsim/FSEconomy

If all those specif setting, is there any ONE, that if changed, causes the low FPS issue.

IN particular, I find the turning off Tool bar items interesting, as I have yet to try that as a possible solution.

The Rolling cache is suspect. the other settings feels iffy. I’ll try turning off rolling cache and see if it helps.

Can you do a test. After an hour flying and when landed at an airport, unplug your joystick, controller etc except mouse and keyboard. See if it improves your FPS.

i had rolling cache on/off for several different configs – again, not promising this is THE fix, but after a month I’m flying again

1 Like

thanks for sharing

50% fps drop just by 1 hour of flight from EGLL to EDDH with the FBW A20N. This is with rolling cache off and I am in the beta test. Also I locked my FPS to 50, so it could possibly be more than 50% fps drop. Interesting to note is that the FPS drop started somewhere at cruise altitude.

3 Likes