After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/4657/wasm-execute-calculator-code-leaks-memory-and-redu.html

Problem should also affect PMDG DC-6, CRJ, and maybe future PMDG 737 as these use/ will use WASM.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the link! Glad to hear the issue could be identified!
So I will be patient and restart my flight or use shorter route until it solved.
Thank you very much!

I think we still need to keep reporting this on Zendesk so they finally fix this long standing issue.

1 Like

Welcome to MSFS the still crash to desktop 50% of the time sim

Today i also had the drop again. This time it started allready on the ground. After one hour it was unplayable, the Sim even doesnā€™t recogniced pressing the ESC key.
Also at that point the GPU usage was down to 2%.

2 Likes

Same here. 10fps after 3h over Greenland. There is nothing but sim is going to stutter. Also got some sound mistakes, this normally end in CTD.

2 Likes

The sound issue was also on my flight.
When i did Something on the second Monitor, it was 1:1 reflected in the stuttering of the sound

3 Likes

My 2h realtime flight with C152 from RJsomething to RJAH, ground to a halt, from 60 to 10 fps with sound buffer stutter (CPU at 10%, GPU 1%, RAM constant 10/32G, system 16/32G). Nighttime, live (weather clear). The only mod/app used was Neofly (free, without any content) and neopad (open on the log tab and minimized). Last time (december 30) Tokyo was at least 45 fps, after 45 min of flying, daytime, also C152.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having issues with FPS drops with long flights too.
FPS drops and sound starts cracking an stuttering with a 3070RTX GPU and a 7700 Rayzen. It only happens with long flights (2h approx until it starts to happen, specially in cockpit views)

3 Likes

This just happened to me for the first time. I have no addons except AccuSeason and Simple Traffic. I only fly GA and this was a 2 1/2 hour flight. I was monitoring performance using AMD Link and all of a sudden on approach sound was broken and stuttering and FPS dropped under 10. No airliner and no VR so I donā€™t think those are factors. I did loose Azure early in the flight but it came back. I usually fly with real weather and real traffic which might be something in common with other users and also related to the continuous MS server problems.

2 Likes

CPU has nothing to do with it. Many people have had this error since today

2 Likes

Same here. Weird things suddenly happened to MSFS last 12hrs or so.

4 Likes

This indeed is true. Flying Aerosoft CRJ from KSAN to Portland. After about an hour or so in, the fps dropped to 3 and the sound was interment. Had to terminate the flight.

4 Likes

Yep. 787 Heavy mod to EGLL for me. Frames dropped around 1hr too! I think this is a server issue, not our system/PC

1 Like

All developers replaced with content staff to fund the inflation and the studio taken over by hackers? There were 2 tiny updates from MS store. On holidays? Do they have changelogs published?

I Believe I have the same issue on long flights 2hrs plus. Starts stuttering alot, I donā€™t monitor FPS but my CPU climbs to over 50% and memory at 75%.

It is very rare that I have any issues with the sim. I have had it since just after release and have had only half a dozen CTD.

I doubt thatā€™s the same issue . Also CTDs have nothing to do with it. Also your CPU climbing to over 50% is good! It shows its being used. The opposite is CPU and GPU usage going down while FPS goes down that is bad.

The higher is CPU usage climbs the worst the stuttering is. Only does it after 2 hrs or so into flight.

What could cause this ?

Again there is an issue that causes the CPU usage to go up with certain add on planes.
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/4657/wasm-execute-calculator-code-leaks-memory-and-redu.html

And no high CPU usage is not good if it becomes a bottleneck, you want to be GPU limited to prevent stuttering. So hopefully they fix this issue quickly because a lot of people fly these planes.

1 Like

Pretty sure MS server issue and our systems are fine. Server canā€™t inject data in our Sim?, or very slow speed on MS server side

1 Like