After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

I have never had this issue until now either.

On the 30th-31st I flew the 787 from NZAA to EGLL via WMKK and OMDB which ultimately meant I had the sim running for almost 30hrs. During this trip had no performance degradation whatsoever as well as no CTDs everything was running perfect.

On the 2nd I then attempted to fly from EGLL to KORD and within 2 hours I get major performance degradation down to 1fps and have to restart the sim to fix it. Been getting the issue ever since

From my pov this issue must have arisen around the 1st or 2nd of Jan which sounds like it coincides with the Live Weather issue.

My addons are: FBW320, AIG, Pushback tool, 3rd party freeware scenery and liveries.

Auros 3070
I7-10700
32gb ram
win 10

1 Like

Today, four hours into a transatlantic flight the static noises started, followed by stuttering graphics. The sim froze completely and thus ended that flight. I had static noise on previous flights during the later part of december but this was exceptional.

1 Like

The weirdest thing in my case is that I donā€™t get to perform any flight, longer or shorter anymore. Fps degradation starts at a very early stage, usually while Iā€™m still sitting on the tarmac, not even moving. I wonder if the same thing happens to you guys, itā€™s just that you have much more powerful rigs than my 3070 and you just donā€™t realise it so fast, until it drops even more so it becomes visible on even stronger GPUs.

So it seems Live Weather Issue has been fixed.

Letā€™s now focus again on origin Performance Degradation Issue over Time. Which has been here (and is still current) mainly since Sim Update VI.

3 Likes

Is it still not fixed? I experienced noticeable performance degradation only during the last couple of days. I was playing for a week, last week, few hours daily. Last time I played was in July. Not a single CTD (to this day), nearly 100h total, but a ton of other bugs.

I will try the experimental version of the FBW Airbus because one point is that there should be a fix for performance degradation over time

I did try the experimental version. I had the same problem. That was before the apparent fix which has just been implemented on Asobo side. Iā€™m about to see if that helped.

My last flight 2:40 was without problems.
Started without live weather and when I saw that it was fixed I activated it again

No change on my side. Live weather on or off, issue persists. A few minutes after the launch fps drop ridiculously and I canā€™t do anything but to quit. Getting srsly frustrated by this.

2 Likes

With Live Weather it is still the same. After 1 hour and 6 minutes a CTD. Dear MS, I donā€™t know what you have done - but the simulator is unplayable at the moment. There were no problems until Jan 1, but now it is a disaster. The simulator seems to be completely broken at the moment. If it is not possible to make a flight from Vienna to Salzburg with only a Cessna 172, then the simulator is worthless. Normally I am very patient, but at the moment I am very very dissatisfied. What the hell just happened?

4 Likes

Well sadly this issue is not FBW related as it happens also on Salty 747 and DcDesignā€™s F-14

Live weather is back but Iā€™m presently flying my A320 FBW from Shannon to Faro, 90 mins in and Iā€™m down to 9 fpm. :disappointed:

1 Like

I cleared my community folder. Spawned with default cessna on a default airport. Five minutes and fps drop to 10. This is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Everyone needs to report this mess to Zendesk.

2 Likes

in live weather?

An update
I turned off all online features (Weather, aircraft, ATC, etc.) and the MFS works like a charm with above 60 FPS for more than 24 hours now and without any CTDs, either flying or on the ground. I didnā€™t escape to the menu screen even once.So I think that at this point it is safe to assume that the issue is, indeed, with the online features. I would start adding them one by one until I hit the wall again but for now, I would recommend using the preset weather until the issue is fixed.

Regardless. It happens even with online functionality switched off completely.

1 Like

Supposedly the weather server problem is fixed - they saidā€¦ :roll_eyes:
see:

Exactly. This is an old issue and I also think it got worse after the last update. I started getting 1-2 fps in the end. Practically impossible to simulate. I saw your video and your settings alleviated the problem here. Thanksā€¦!!!

1 Like

thatā€™s is weird. I fly today and I donā€™t have an fps degradation with rex (the live weather problem still in that moment