After reinstall only 2 aircraft are available

I just had to do a full reinstall because the patch wasn’t downloading. Everything works fine now, and I installed the Japan DLC.

However, now I only see the Cessna 152 and one other aircraft available. Any idea how to fix this?

3 Likes

Same for me, only 2 airplane, lol asobo french tech, each update more and more buggggg

1 Like

Check your content manager for the extra packages?

Same here. Check content manager. I’m reinstalling fresh to see if it fixes.

This was just posted in another thread - maybe it will help

INSTALLATION

“Only 2 aircraft”

Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content. To install the non-mandatory content, please do the following:

• Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
  • Step 2: Select the content you want to see in the sim
  • Step 3: Download and install the content you selected
  • Step 3: Reboot your computer
  • Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

NEW CONTENT

Tour of Japan is greyed out.

The Tour of Japan discovery flight will be greyed out in the main menu if the Beechcraft King Air 350i is not installed

• Solution: Install the Beechcraft King Air 350i
    • Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
    • Step 2: Select Beechcraft King Air 350i in the list of content
    • Step 3: Download and install the Beechcraft King Air 350i
    • Step 3: Reboot your computer
    • Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
3 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know you had to go into content manager to install everything after the second game install.

So if you reinstall the game, you now have to install the store app, then run the store app to download 90 gigs of stuff, then after that is done you need to load the game and go into “content”, check everything there for download, then download another 20 gigs?

Whew. I believe that is the most convoluted install process for a game I have ever experienced.

Yep same. I did not realize this either. I spent 7 hours today reinstalling everything just to have the issue happen again. Solved through content manager. I’ve NEVER had to jump through this many hoops just to get the base game working.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Solves the problem.

At least you don’t CTD when tring to Download the content Like mine does. I am grounded I can’t update using content manager and when I select a flight i CTD as well so…was perfect BEFORE the patch.

…“Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content. “

I can confirm that the total reinstall does NOT have to be in a different folder. After the 1.9.3.0 update, many of the functions of MSFS were broken to the point where I decided to simply uninstall and start from the beginning. I own the Premium version of MSFS. First I uninstalled MSFS using the standard Windows 10 procedure. I then used the Install procedure through the Microsoft Store to the DEFAULT directory. Following install and a PC Reboot, I also had two planes. Only when I went to the Content Manager was I able to download the rest of the 120+ “downloads” to the sim. Something is clearly broken in the installation routine.

Having said that, reinstallation fixed all of my issues except the “dumb” ATC.

I am still having the same problem and my Content Manager only has 2 GA airplanes to choose from … unless there is some magic button I am missing?

No magic button that I know of. I did do a complete reinstall and not an “upgrade”. I haven’t been able to have a successful “update” over an existing installation since the Sim was released. That said, a “clean” reinstall gives me a pretty functional simulator. I haven’t had nearly the problems reported by many others. I fly the TBM and Airbus (Mod) all the time with ILS. I have a feeling what many people feel is “broken” is really because they miss something critical with regard to the flight, and since there is no documentation to speak of it’s hard to pinpoint the problem. I resorted to downloading the flight manual for the REAL TBM & Airbus, and use that for documentation in the sim, and have had minimal issues. I am NOT an actual pilot but I have literally thousands of Sim hours both in aircraft and from the “Other Side” with VATSIM, and also as an Alpha tester for MSFS, so I know my way around the software pretty well. They won’t agree with me, but I think the only way to “upgrade” right now is with a clean reinstall. I have a GB+ Internet connection, so I can re-download the whole thing in under 45 minutes, but I absolutely realize most people do not have that ability. Every time I tried to upgrade to the newer release, almost everything was broken and screwed up. When I download the whole thing again and reinstall, I don’t have significant issues.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled 3x. I have a FIOS connection so the download is not that painful. Each time I run with a clean install, I have only 2 GA aircraft. I started off 2 weeks ago with the original install on another less-capable PC. All aircraft were there. I uninstalled it from that PC and installed it on a new properly configured PC - got only 2 aircraft in Content Manager. As I said, reinstalled 3x … same result. When I look in the Official folder, I can see the profiles for the other aircraft but for some reason, MSFS doesn’t recognize them. No help so far from Zendesk TT. - Very frustrating.

I had the same thing, got to go to content manager and download and instal. It gives you a choice of what you want to instal