After Update VI, CTDs crashes better than ever with Safe or Normal mode

Good day all,

My hope that things will be fixed with the CTDs came down to hashes after Update VI. I have not been able with Update VI to use MSFS2020 for more than 3 to 4 min due to the CTD. Update V was slightly better about 7 mins.

I went to Safe Mode and no changes. Re-installed all drivers and still crashes. The funny thing is that all my software installed on my computer are working fine except MSFS2020.

So the Safe Mode theory, the 3rd party theory and the drivers theory is just not valid at all. It does not work for me and i am sure for many others.

I am kindly reminding Microsoft/Asobo, that people bought MSFS2020, they paid money for something which is suppose to work. Actually the software is not working as it should since nearly two month for many people…

Dear Asobo/Microsoft Managers, We all know that you reads the topics, so have some guts and tell us please… How can we use MSFS2020 if it is constantly crashing?

Sincerely Yours,

The SAFE mode is a joke.
They simply don’t trust us that we clean the community folder during our test. :smiley:
I think they can’t manage a cross-platform product and they are in a hole now, without any chance to climb out.
Microsoft should help Asobo soon or it will be too late

5 Likes

Even when I close normaly sim, next time when I run the sim I have message safe/normal mode…;/ its annoying

Same here… even since two month more or less. The sim isn`t playable at all. In comparison the old FSX was a “stable” product.

This is now beyond frustrating. I have not been able to enjoy the sim since Update V was released. I laugh at the suggestion that, if you get CTD while using AI traffic, then don’t use AI traffic. Really?? I’m not sure but I guess in their zeal to make this XBOX compatible they broke the PC version. Was this even tested (IST/UAT)? Who signed off on this? Was there a “go-no go” meeting? I’ve worked in software development for 30 years and if we had ever released a product upgrade that broke so many (working: not perfect but working) things, my career would have been much shorter. AI is wrecked! In Real flight mode, departing planes spawn and freeze there for eternity. No departures ever. It worked before Upd V. Arriving flights who do a go-around, never land again and fly around the airport forever like flies. When picking an airport to start from, the 3 most recent airports display was broken and never updates. The visual quality was broken. This is a wholesale debacle. As someone stated, we paid money for this (I own prem/dlx version)

If there is a problem using FSX AI airplanes in FS2020, then provide us the tools to do native FS2020 AI planes or release proper simple AI models. FSX has thousands of working AI planes and liveries. It worked there, what’s the problem?

Sorry for the long rant. Its now 2+ months I’ve not been able to use this product.

2 Likes

Same here with the Safe and normal mode option popping up everytime. it doesn’t matter if I shut it down propperly or if it ctd the game always start with that option.

This update did nothing for me. I haven’t been able to play the game since 27th of july.
I bought a new pc just before this game/sim came out. I know it isn’t the best out there, but it should run the game and it did before update V.

Yes it had some issues before that and God only knows how many times I’ve had to re-install the whole game and how many hours I’ve spent trying to get the game work. But I always managed to get the game working.
But update V seem to have topped me. I raise my hands up. i don’t know what to do with this mess.
I mean I’ve surfed these forums hi and lo and tried every advice there is… but nothing. I give up. I can’t solve this. And I shoudn’t. I’m not a pc expert nor a coder nor some kind of a developer who knows how these kind of things work.
All I know that I’m a simmer and the game I paid isn’t working anymore and hasn’t been working for a long time.

Will MS/Asobo be compensating us if they ever manage to get their game up and playable for everyone?
I mean this has been a long time not being able to play a game we’ve paid for.
Probably not. And why should they? I mean we are the responsible for buying this product.

Well I guess I’m switching to X-plane.
At least it seems to be more stable and what counts most in my records, it’s pretty playable.
Fix it or exit.

3 Likes

the same for me. Since world update 5 I got CTDs after 10 to 20 minutes of flight. Since world update 6 it got even worse ane I have CTDs after 5 minutes (Windows 10 PC with 16 GB RAM, Intel i7 and RTX 2060):

• CTD when going to world map, zooming for example over Paris and moving the map
  • CTD when clicking on start flight after loading an airport each second try
  • CTD in flight when changing to external view and “looking around” for several times in different directions, for example flying above a photogrammetry city - first the fps stutter and than I get CTD.

I have a 50MB/s internet connection

i am having same problem with error message warning !. start in safe mode or normal mode .due to 3rd party content. i have deleted all recently 3rd party download since or before msfs update. starting up msfs 2020 still has error warning,help please,any ideas. look up youtube but no help there.

I have the same rig setup as you except I have 32 gig of memory. I have had to reinstall the game after every update to get it to almost work. I have over 1000 hours of flight time prior to update 5. After this last update 6 I had to reinstall the software again. It takes over five hours to install. I havent had a ctd recently but the sim will freeze now, or severe stutters (the slide show effect) until I get in the air and then the sim works almost like it should. Then when I land the same ■■■■ happens, stutters and frame freeze. Apparently asobo has identified the problem as well as the night lighting, floating lights problem and there will be a fix out sometime next week. Like yourself, I really havent been able to enjoy this game for several months now. I hope they get their sh*t together pretty quickly.

1 Like

all of a sudden today i can’t play at all. Any one try Washington DC airports, ROnald Regan CTD’s on loading, and I basically cannot fly anywhere else without a CTD now before landing, 10 minutes in. It’s disgusting. I’ve had lots of ctd before, then recently not many, now all of a sudden it’s back, and SAFE MODE DOESNT HELP, even if started in safe mode, CTD. I can’t play any more.

Check this thread out. There is a known issue in the DC area causing CTDs. There is a temporary fix: