Ai aircraft leaves the runway slowly

Ai leaves the runway very slowly after the planes land. is there any way for him to leave faster?

5 Likes

And they brake too quickly and too briefly, they would have to coast much longer, and then of course quickly leave the runway ā€¦ exactly !!!

1 Like

The AI - only AFTER LANDING - should not stop completly but reduce speed till xx kts (maybe 50?), and this way ā€œtaxiā€ on the Rwy until reaching the next node of rwy and taxiway(-exit) and THEN slow down to the required MAX. 20kts WHILE taxiing

1 Like

AI planes hogging the runway has been an issue since FS2004 or earlier :wink:

Getting AI on and off the runway realistically ( 5x faster ) would be the number one improvement Asobo could make to traffic.

7 Likes

I had pointed this one of the Q&As though there was not a discussion about this. Indeed it is so annoying that they cause too many go arounds since they donā€™t vacate quickly. Yet I believe the gameā€™s AI Traffic is already known problematic functionality and I guess itā€™s one of the backlog issues.

@Kaiii3 must have investigated this once if Iā€™m not mistaken, but Iā€™m not sure if that was a deep investigation since theyā€™re already dealing with many things in AIG.

I looked whether itā€™d be possible to change something via one of the .cfg files that is related to the traffic but couldnā€™t came up with anything.

Indeed, this is an issue that most everyone I would dare to assume wants fixed. And there will be much rejoicing once it finally gets done.

Iā€™ve tried using the old method that was used in fsx adjusted a few things in the aircraft cfgā€¦ min throttle set to -.5 or -.05 seems to give the planes longer rollout on landings as well as adjusting empty weight and some of the reference speedsā€¦ just play around with it til you get a desired distance for landings

there are always ways to ā€œmanipulateā€ the internal FDE to get stuff working as it should. But this is an core-sim issue and should be fixed there and not by editing cfg files^^. Each CFG change might have impect on some other performance during the flight

5 Likes

In my case, the airplanes just disappear after landing :frowning:

2 Likes

yep, same here

Iā€™ve been doing some work with the values in the CFG files, but it didnā€™t work.

depending on the airport this has different issues:

1. no free parking spot for the SimObject (most common issue)
  2. no Hold Short node

AI planes used to slow down almost instantly and then taxi at ā€¦ 5kts or something, until ALL approaching a/c had to go aroundā€¦
Now they just disappear - no more goarounds.
Letā€™s hope itā€™s the first step they took towards improving the algorithm. Canā€™t be that hard!!!
IIRC, in another thread @Kaiii3 mentioned that the airport parking layouts that were generated by AI from satellite pictures, suffer in the parking spot configuration and thatā€™s a major problem in AI trafficā€¦

1 Like

Unless I want to practice missed approaches I usually ignore the aircraft on the runway go around command and land anyway. Usually the aircraft in question is gone when I get there and if not I pass right through it. Iā€™ll pay more attention when we can cause a crash hitting an AI (or one of those forklifts going 90 mph down a taxi)

2 Likes

Unfortunately the air traffic is rubbish. So called ā€˜live trafficā€™ canā€™t even leave the gate. Asobo havenā€™t even acknowledged the problem let alone fixed it.

As for the slow landing roll-out, they havenā€™t acknowledged that either.

2 Likes

I must say that the Traffic in FS2004 and X were far more realistic than FS 2020. I never saw a plane taking off as traffic tell now.

1 Like

They need to fix the paths where ai are exiting the rwy. Alot of goarounds because of ai is to slow to leave the rwy.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not just AI traffic, Iā€™ve noticed it with live traffic too.

Live Traffic is AI Traffic :wink:

1 Like

I completely disagree, AI Traffic is Live Traffic :wink:

Tastes Greatā€¦less filling,
Chocolate on my my peanut butterā€¦peanut butter on my chocolate,

Your right, they are basically the same thing.

1 Like