AI Assistant won't go faster than Mach 3 on Darkstar

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When flying the Darkstar with AI Assistance ON, it will start breaking and sometimes even overstress the aircraft because it doesn’t like having the plane faster than Mach 3.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Create a flight plan, choose the Darkstar, notice the issue as soon as the plane reaches Mach 3.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Top Gun Release Version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

AI Assistant isn’t designed for this aircraft. It’s best to fly it manually.

I concur.
The AI assistant, is not a fighter, or test pilot. I think it is safe to assume, that it was programmed to just normally fly an airliner, or GA aircraft in a procedural, yet casual manner.

It likely does not know how to roll the Darkstar, in order to avoid negative G while pitching toward the Earth inverted, to gain the energy, then roll right side up, pitch up, then fire the Scramjets.

Asking a lot from the AI assistant I believe.

I disagree that I’m asking a lot - as the only request I’m actually making is to look into why the AI seems to airbrake itself at Mach 3 even though the engine wants to go faster (they get into this tug of war). I’m not asking for the AI to handle rolling the aircraft and performing manoeuvres necessary to reach the Stratosphere. :slight_smile: