AI Boats doesnt work

Anyone using this mod? Tried flying a few mentioned places but not a single boat.

Works just fine. Did you install the region you are flying in into the community folder as well? And are you flying in an area that has alot of ship traffic (such as Singapore or the English Channel)? Also search Global Ai for a complete support thread.

This right?

I installed it in the community folder as stated.

I did flew around Singapore and the Mediterranean Sea

No its not right those folders should be in your community folder not inside of GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3 and you only install the region you are flying in not all regions. So, one region and gaist-ultra-v3 in your community folder.

2 Likes

Yup that do it many thx .

So if each time I want to fly another region I have to swap the region file?

Yes, at present the simulator cannot handle more than one region being loaded at a time.

Anyone notice a lack of ship wakes with GAIST? I was pondering if it was just some static traffic (from other mods) in some locations, but I’ve seen quite a few now and not many have wakes in what looks like shipping channels. Also worth pointing out for those who don’t know that if you want to look for shipping traffic little nav map can show all their locations.

If this addon is implemented using simConnect, I believe that the simulation start event could be used to call a function or script that swaps out files automatically by looking at the plane’s current location. It may be possible to do this on the fly.

If you have an old copy of GAIST V2, you can load the entire global schedule using that version.

If the winds are calm, the wakes will be almost non-exsistent. This is a limitation between the sim and the wake implementation.

This is not entirely correct. They went to regions in V3 because a main majority of users were crashing on V2 when loading all the regions.

Interesting. V2 was probably the most stable next to Ultra Beta, but Ultra Beta quit working around SU14.

I’m still using V2 without stability issues at this time,for what it’s worth. So could be worth a try for some who don’t want to region swap.

1 Like

Yep. just flew out of John Wayne headed to Catalina in real time, and there was a ton of traffic off the coast and in the channel.

where can i get the V2 cause I dont want region swap?

The install part of gaist’s V3 description says that you can install more than one route and it might show you better traffic that’s going cross region

1 Like

You cannot get V2 anywhere. It was pulled when V3 was released. Only option would be for somone to share it that has it. And as I stated above, it could very well causes crashes on your system.

The problem when experienced is that MSFS will crash after clicking “FLY”, when attempting to load a flight.