AI Control Aircraft no longer works after 1.9.3.0 patch

Flying along the Florida panhandle in my Xcub at 2500ft and 100 kts. Autopilot engaged,enjoying the view. I asked Charlie to take control as I wanted to have a bite to eat and a drink. As I was unscrewing the stopper of my flask he turned off the autopilot took a hard right and pitched the aircraft up to 35 degrees putting us into a stall. “I have control” I screamed as I pitched the nose down to gain some airspeed and recover from the stall. My heart was racing as I gained control and got us back to stable flight. Needless to say I will not be inviting Charlie along on any other flights and will be flying solo. Idiot nearly got us killed!

5 Likes

I actually have Version 1.10.11.0 and AI is still not working properly.
Take off is good, sometimes the copilot flies the aircraft to the first and with good luck to the second waypoint, but at least then, the AI makes what it wants. Wrong direction, speed to high (E.G. 747 over 420 kts), never a chance for landing at the desired airport.
What a buggy program (it seems to be still a Beta) for so much money.

1 Like

Now with version 1.11.7.0 AI-Pilot Charlie still is not able to fly!

Asobo has addressed this in the last Q&A:

when will the first fix arrive to address the issue

I don’t know, I don’t work for them. :wink:

All we know is what was discussed in that Q&A.

In the same patch that will fix the Garmins and sketchy autopilots. Likely in February.

thanks for your honest answer

They spoke about it in the last Q&A. It uses the same logic as the autopilot, so they think they can get both fixed at once. I’m skeptical, but we’ll see.

i have faith that they will get it done

In good time, I’m sure they will. I expect it to be just as bad when they release the fix initially though. Call me a pessimist, but I tend to look at track records vs having blind hope. Although I would be very, very happy to be proven wrong.

It’s annoying when you want to meet the challenges and have to fly 300NM with propeller planes without autopilot. A functioning Charlie would really be an advantage for fulfilling the challenge “Finish a 300NM flight with all planes of the standard edition”.

Hello, Crunchmeister71,

can you tell me, where I can find the Asobo Q&A-Section? I tried to find it in the forum and in the ASOBO site, but I didn’t have success.

Thank you very much! I wouldn’t have been able to find this page alone.

1 Like

Hi @CleanAgenda1173,
Down at the bottom of the forum (from main page) are all archive Q&A’s. Answers to those from the devs are in a separate category. :wink:

Why do you even want that? The whole point is to simulate being a pilot, not a passenger.

When I’m working, it was lovely to have Flight Sim under AI Control giving me something nice to look at on my other screen. I’d start an 8 hour flight at the start of my work day.

Shame they broke it.

Closing this topic as the AI Pilot / AI Control has been addressed by the developers:

Use this topic for AI Pilot posting and continue up votes:
AI Control Aircraft is broken, no longer works as expect (flightsimulator.com)