AI Traffic still cruising at slow speeds - around 200kts -

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

While using REAL TIME-ONLINE traffic and using AIG models to better visualize the traffic, the AI traffic still cruises quite slow.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Cruise at any FL and check at which speed the AI traffic flies at.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Ever since I’ve installed MSFS2020.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Maybe try the Flybywire FSLTL…
It’s very good.

Still they travel slowly

3 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

Jet AI traffic at cruise level flies extremely slow (has been like this since many months). Jet flying at 30k ft doing mach .48 is too slow.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Using a moving map or fly next to AI traffic yourself to check.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Same issue with all AI addons as well. High altitude AI traffic is cruising around 231kts (ground speed) today. Which is extra noticeable when you have a 101kt tailwind!

1 Like

I have the same problem
Even when using FSLTL, I can see the traffic in real life is going 450kts, while in-game it’s half.

4 Likes

Same for me : all live traffics cruise with half the expected speed.

1 Like

This is happening pretty much to every plane I encounter in cruise - here’s an example from right now, I’m about to overtake a plane on the same route that took off much earlier and had a faster GS irl than I have.

Yesterday I did that to a bloody 738, would have used that as an example if I noticed before landing.
obraz
obraz

PS Oh, just noticed it’s also flying the wrong altitude, since it isn’t at FL240 but rather at 24,000 ft - that is, it seems to have ignored the transition altitude. I know it’s a mess overall, but at least here where the FL180 rule is used it’s a bit jarring

Download Fsltl v1.5 they made good improvements. Far much better than the default traffic.

2 Likes

Indeed, very slow AI traffic at cruising altitude:

1 Like