AI UFOs

I realize I’ll probably get smacked for this but I would like to see the occasional UFO every now and again. I realize that this is an odd request because this is a “sim” and not a “game” however it is a very real thing that a lot of pilots reportedly encounter UFOs and there are years upon years of documented cases from pilots.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying make these sightings happen so often they are common place, or happen just anywhere for that matter. Maybe make it a random possibility when you enter an area where sightings have been fairly regular. Like when you fly out to Area 51 the closer you get the greater your chances are that you may see something strange, that sort of thing.

While a fun idea, the devs have said they will develop no military aircraft, so AI military aircraft probably fall into the same boat. 3rd party developers I’m sure are already working on military aircraft, so there will be in time.

As to 3rd party developers, they could develop this 'UFO" mod if there was enough interest in it

1 Like

You misspelled “weather balloon”. :flying_saucer: :alien:

13 Likes

I was listening to the podcast “Pilot to Pilot” Asobo has a long list of stuff they want to put in given time. Maybe UFO’s will be one. I’m sure at some point Military aircraft will be available to fly from 3rd parties.

While I’m not opposed to being able to fly military aircraft I would be happy just having them added as AI. From being in the Air Force I know that flying over and around the air space of a base is restricted so it would be nice if that was an added piece of realism. Maybe have it in the options so you can choose whether or not to fly with that on?

No as for Flyable Military Aircraft I would love for the military aircraft from previous versions of Flight Sim to make an appearance, The Sopwith Camel, The T-38 and the F-18.

Hello,
As the rules of the category only permit one topic per request, I have removed the second the second request, as it has been covered by another topic:

Upvoting! Who said anything about military aircraft? UFOs by their very nature are of unknown origin!

should this be study level UFOs or just regular run-of-the-mill UFOs?

3 Likes

My own personal opinion I would rather any UFOs that show up in Flight Sim 2020 authentic representations from real reports filed by pilots.

1 Like

Definitely study level. And please don’t put the generic aviator wearing pilot/copilot in the cockpit!

1 Like

Well by the definition what would you put into the game then, since its unknown.
Weather balloons, or regular airliners or military aircraft have been the explanation for most “ufo” sightings even done by other pilots.

If people are thinking about alien spacecrafts, that would not be a UFO then because then it would be known what it is.

Without going into a debate regarding aliens cruising around in earths atmosphere (which of course arent a thing), I think it would be difficult to add something thats unknown to a simulator.

Whereas for the addition of the stereotypical flying saucers from fiction, Im sure that is something modders will do at some point if it hasnt been done already.

What I am referring to are UFOs based on what has been reported in actual sightings. Rather than just making something up, use descriptions and data from those sightings to represent them in the sim.

Most users would just think any unidentified objects were bugs though surely?

you don’t have to wish for that UFOS is already available in MSFS since the beginning

Hear me out,

I’ve been thinking of posting this for some time.

It’s just a small thing that would be fun if done correctly.

UAP encounters.

Now I’m not talking Independence Day or other OTT movie, I’m talking about an algorithm that will very rarely activate a UAP encounter. The odds of seeing it is low but they’re out there.

Of course making the game and it’s future is more important than this but if it was easy with little cost I’d love it. What’s even better is Asobo never announce it. They just do it.

Pointless yes but fun YES

What is UAP?

Unidentified Aerial Phenomenom. It’s what they’re calling UFOs now

1 Like

Well they must have listened to you…had an encounter tonight flying over Las Vegas…very fast moving blue lights about 5000 ft off the ground…flew from lake mead to Nellis AFB then turned right at me and buzzed right over me to the south…then turned south east and disappeared…very cool!

This is THE BEST wish on the wishlist ever made!!
Voted.
Yes we definately need some AI-controled UFOs, Blackbird SR71, F-117 Nighthawks, and other shady strange airplanes on strange secret missions and of course UFOs roaming through the skies :smiley:
I even considered the UFO that appears in X-Plane when flying their Cessna Citation X very high as one of the coolest and most adventurous ideas ever.

Because I am very, very bored of seeing every AI-plane on the radar just always being the same random C172 or 747 :wink: Some more exotic AI-planes definitely make the virtual skies way more interesting and exciting.