AIFlow and AIGround Discussion

Ok, just DL’ed and tried to run both Ground and Flow with FSLTL, 100% CTD’s.

Ground and Flow start and run fine until FSLTL (latest update) injects traffic then BOOM. I have read about some apparent confects with AIAG, possible reason? If so, easiest work around (don’t want to uninstall but will if needed, at least just to see.)

Any ideas would be greatly apricated.

This post might help. Note: some AIG models are old converts from FSX so they need to go.
Personally I’d just copy in what you need to supplement FSLTL models wise. Have you AIG folder located outside of community and symbolic link it in if you want to run AIG F/C. When you want to use FSLTL just remove the symbolic link to AIG models and perhaps have a folder with FSLTL AIG models only. I’m actually copying in AIG models to FSLTL base directory and they work as long as you regenerate the layout.json file. No CTDs. This is a FSLTL topic though not FSGround or FSFlow. Go to FSLTL thread and search for ‘AIG’ as there are a few people discussing it there with hints.

2 Likes

How do you find what is a FAIB model in AIG? Is there a fast way to check? Thanks.

Just look in the models folder of AIG they are all prefixed with faib at the start of the model names.

2 Likes

What I’m planning to do is just run AIG alongside FSLTL, but without the FAIB folders. Unfortunately I did something very very silly when moving my AIG folder from community, which was to actually delete the whole thing :clap: :melting_face:

I’m getting an error reported in the AIFlow dos window, saying it’s unable to connect to airports.dat. Don’t know what the significance is of this. Anyone else getting this, or have any advice?

Oops. (10 characters).

1 Like

Thank you very much, I will give it a go and see what happens.

Is this located in the oci-beta folder or is there an actual models folder for AIG that I am missing?

I found FAIB files in the oci-beta/SimOjects/Airplanes folder. I removed these and left the rest. Fired everything up but instant CTD.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 154416

I’m still trying to get this to work as I see a lot of CTDs with the AIG folder method too. There is a texture folder with FAIB labels in it, I removed them. You also likely need to regenerate the layout.json file with MSLayoutGenerator.exe as the layout.json file will point to those removed FAIB models (except they will be missing this time around).
I’ve been at this for most of today now. Maybe I need a simplified approach. I also suspect in my case there may be a corrupted aircraft model file somewhere but hard to find.

Agreed, if in fact the FAIB files are the issue then deleting all AIG references should clear the CTD’s. I am going to delete AIG just to see if anything changes.

I followed this method and got AI Flow and AI Ground to work. I looked in the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_ folder and found other FSX models other than FAIB models causing CTD. Copying all AIG models to the FSLTL folder (except the FSX converted ones shown in the AIG CVT folder) and then regenerating the layout.json file did the trick. Simply deleting the models from the AIG folder didn’t work for me. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

I tried copying files into FSLTL {fsltl-base}/SimObjects/Aircraft/ directory this morning and regenerating the layout.json file, works fine for me in EGLL , but went to KSLC and instant CTD when I launched AIGround (tried this multiple times). I think it’s a corrupt model, so trying the small external AIG directory approach now one or two aircraft models at a time. My only stable solution is with FSLTL Base v1.0 (no AIG) and it works everywhere with AIGround/AIFlow stable everywhere.

NOW you tell me :wink:

Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I’m going to reinstall AIG and give your work-around a shot.

@BragRaindrop933
Same here. I started a flight from KLGA and CTD. I am not sure what to think of this. It’s frustrating.

Tried again from KLGA. Instant CTD. I am going to put everything back the way it was for now.

Yeah, I like AIG and the models but I am finding the same.

Well it wasn’t my workaround so I can’t take any credit for it but if it works for you please let us know.

FWIW re stability/ctd’s with AIG models-

I think there are either model conflicts between AIG + FSLTL models (duplicates?) or some ‘bad’ AIG models that flip FSLTL out ->CTD. I can’t for example use the AIG Embraers → CTD. (Ihaven’t narrowed down which ones).
Embraers were stable in EGLL but CTD in US airports yesterday (so when US models/liveries being used)

I have now minimised and reduced the AIG models to just having the two A388 models in the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta directory and now have it stable & am seeing A380’s in sim.

It would require a steady process of elimination perhaps one model at a time to see what is conflicting.

Also seems to be related to AIGround in some way, as generally launching with just FSLTL I found was more stable, but as soon as I started AIGround it wasn’t.
Now I’m down to just the 2 x A388 models I am running stable with FSLTL + AIGround + AIFlow

Yes it’s hard to pin down which model/s are causing the issue. I was flying off the coast of Panama yesterday and had a ucrtbase.dll crash after about 25 minutes with FSLTL-AIG-AIFlow-AIGround running.

Up until that point though over the past few flights, everything has been running smoothly with just removing the faib models from AIG. I’ll have to do some more testing to see if I can pin down what exactly is causing this. It’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

I was doing a flight down from EGPF to EGKK this morning with FSLTL+AIGround+AI Flow smooth as anything until approach around London where my fps tanked to 15. I have a 3090 and lock it at 30fps so that isn’t something I’m used to.
I immediately closed all the traffic programs, but no fps recovery so landed with 15 FPS :unamused:. Not sure what is going on. Could be CPU mainthread as it is a bit busier. I may have to dial traffic back to be able to fly with as opposed to just view while parked static at an airport like EGLL(which I’ve been doing a lot recently). Was running at IFR=100 and Static (historic)traffic=2 with both AIGround and AIFlow enabled.

Another point of note re AIG models and AI Ground+AIFlow+FSLTL that may or may not be relevant, but I had a few CTD’s last night after spawning at KSLC with FSLTL (+ some AIG models), which seemed stable. I added in AIFlow (stable) then added in AIGround and immediate CTD.

So I’m not saying AIGround has an issue, but there appears to be an CTD enducing state that can happen when they are used together when some AIG models are present. And I was only using about 15 models (non FAIB) at the time (but with a fair few liveries) so nowhere near what AIG can provide.
The fact that this combination worked at EGLL with no issues tends to suggest it relates to AIG models specific to airlines in US locations & perhaps in my case certain AIG Embraer aircraft (I had 6 of those AIG models added). I haven’t had time to debug further.