AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

You need to select the zip file that you downloaded, from the location you downloaded it to. If you downloaded the file to, for instance “C:\Users\AORUS\Downloads” then navigate to that folder when asked to by AIM, and double click on the AITRSPV1.8.zip file to proceed.

You can delete the zip file as soon as the reset simobject process is completed.

Hope this helps,
KR
Andy

2 Likes

Youre a genius. Thank you so much. Finally I see my sound folder being filled up with various AI sounds. Thanks once again and have a good night :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just loaded Pilot2atc, Flight from EGCC/EHAM simbrief. Connected pilot2atc, and as I thought with pilot2atc you dont hear ATC giving instuction to A/I. Will only give you instructions and advisories. Its always been that way with pilot2atc. So I tuned into ground you wont hear pilot2atc communicating with A/I.

I can see ryanair on pushback and taxiing to runway but no communication between ATC and Ryanair. There are pros and cons to both 3rd party ATC really.

1 Like

Can you pop over to our forums and upload your AIM log files? Or join our discord and upload the logfiles there for us to take a look at?

http://alpha-india.net/forums

KR
Andy

Am I correct to believe that disabling the generic aircrafts in MSFS settings will result in termination of almost entire Multiplayer traffic (Despite having Multiplayer enabled) ?

It is either that or suddenly everyone stopped playing in Multiplayer (apart that one guy I saw earlier today at Stockholm Bromma in Beechcraft :slight_smile: )

All a question of priorities, I hope some of the issues will start getting resolved over the next couple of updates. It’s easy to get tunnel vision on our current pet peeves and lose sight of the big picture. There is a lot of (hopefully) good stuff coming on Thursday.

How to confuse the Jetbridge operator at London Heathrow :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same thing. It always seems to happen with an A380 at that gate. I haven’t seen it at the other gates at Heathrow.

1 Like

Doing the Viennese Waltz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this just work for the departing airport? I have it all set up and working fine and had very good aircraft coverage at departure airport, but whilst enroute i cannot see any traffic at me destination airport on the controller map - is that right??

Thanks

I get other aircraft and their ATC en-route and at the arrival airport when using AIG AI Traffic Controller.

Maybe at times it is not as much as real world, I am not sure about this and it may depend on location and time of day.

Also I think there can be problems with aircraft ground movements being a bit crazy at some addon airports.

I recently did an arrival at London Gatwick EGKK with an airport addon and there were three aircraft lined up behind each other on the threshold even though I was cleared to land by ATC, so I just floated my landing over the top of them.

you explained your problem very well and that helped me with the same problem, thank you very much

1 Like

I want say to thank you to the people who made this possible, Ive been waiting for some decent airline traffic since release and this is almost perfect. thank you so much. if Asobo will be doing something about the faulty ai in the future we could get really good ai traffic for msfs

1 Like

I think it injects aircraft only at a set radius around your plane.
But I think it can fail sometimes and you need to restart the Traffic Controller app.

I was flying from Cologne to Bilbao and when I got near the coast of Spain, the traffic was still around Paris. I restarted the app and there was traffic in my vicinity again.

1 Like

So what is the deal with GA traffic, can I use AIG for airliner and default offline traffic for GA without any issues or trouble? That seems to me to be the ideal combination if it works properly.

The forum will not let me search for “GA” (says it is “too short”) and 1450 posts is too much to read in one sitting, so would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me.

2 Likes

It would be fantastic if Asobo introduced an additional GA setting for ground traffic (given that MSFS is so popular among GA enthusiasts) and keep it separate from airliner traffic. This way we could distinguish between the two both for parking spaces and also for airborne traffic.

Currently I think the only viable option is to first decide whether your next flight will involve GA traffic/airports/parking or not, and then adjust MSFS settings accordingly. I assume that if you’re flying with a Cessna from rural airport A to rural airport B, you only need to enable AI offline traffic and increase aircraft ground density. Most likely there’ll be no issues even if AIG is active.

But if you’re flying your GA airplane to e.g. a class C airport with lots of airliners having both AI offline traffic and AIG enabled, I’m not sure how it’ll go.

oh my god, what a shame.
we paid for this.
and now they want we pay for aerosoft waltz.
AIG has been very kind, but please: dont make their work for free. Asobo has to arrange that!

If you do not run AIG AI Traffic Controller with the sim you can do what you want and all that will happen is that airliners that can be matched to anything you previously downloaded with AI Manager will be displayed with appropriate models and liveries.

If you run AIG AI Traffic Controller with the sim you should set the following options in OPTIONS>GENERAL OPTIONS>TRAFFIC>

AVIATION TRAFFIC>AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE = OFF

AIRPORT LIFE>GROUND AIRCRAFT DENSITY = 0

AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL>USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS (AI TRAFFIC) = OFF

AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL>USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS (MULTIPLAYER) = OFF

I also suspect that you should turn off real-world traffic in the DATA settings, although I have never seen anyone mention that here.

OPTIONS>DATA>DATA CONNECTION>LIVE REAL-WORLD AIR TRAFFIC = OFF

Now the sim will only create AI traffic according to the AIG flightplan database created on your computer and try to match aircraft models and liveries to airlines you have downloaded with the AI Manager app.
This does not contain any GA traffic and GA airfields will not have any static GA aircraft parked on them.

2 Likes

I can’t get it to work. Does this conflicts with FSUIPC?

@Zeppos , @AviatorDown8227, thanks for responding, appreciate it.

I think the ideal solution for AI traffic is downloaded real-world flight plans for airliners and randomly generated flight plans for GA traffic; same approach that Ultimate Traffic uses.

Second preference, not ideal, would be live traffic for airliners and randomly generated flight plans for GA. The drawback with that is that airliner traffic does not follow flightsim time, so if you load up at an airport in the middle of the night local time and set sim time to noon you often get no traffic at all due to schedules or a noise curfew.

Live traffic for GA cannot be made to work well since the necessary data is mostly unavailable for a number of reasons, such as a lack of Mode-S transponders and privacy concerns, so GA traffic needs to be offline representative flight plans rather than real world flight plans – realistic rather than real.

2 Likes