Ailerons will not center on any aircraft

only setting option is remove

so in msfs this the issue I believe is the prob. I cannot get this axis to come to the correct alignment

Options-General-Flight Model.

Thanx for posting this screenshot. It shows that there obviously is a calibration issue.

You can move the neutral point of the curve to fix at least the rolling problem.

1 Like

Websearch and download DIView.

It will show you in real time what all your connected devices are doing.

Note. It’s an older 32bit software so it suffers from the 32bit button limit. (Won’t see all buttons on devices that have loads) but it’s great for checking if your axes are working and centering ok and whether you have any jitter.

The Windows game controller calibration tool leaves a lot to be desired. Download and use a 3rd party calibration tool, preferably one tailored to your hardware. That’s how I corrected my Thrustmaster joystick

+1 on this issue! I thought it was wind, but is always a very slow turn to the right. Sounds like the same setup, but I do not have the pedals.

From the screenshot it looks like you need to set a dead zone, and/or offset the neutral position.

Once airborne (steady) wind doesn’t have any effect on aircraft handling and performance.

This. As @CasualClick says, makes sure that your flight model is set to MODERN and not LEGACY. You’ll find it in Options, General and Flight Model.

you gentemen arent going to believe this but i bought a CLX computer it has 6 usb ports. apparently if i dont have the magic peripheral plugged into the right usb port things dont work correctly. I was up till 3am cdt and noticed that the dot showing where the alignment on axis x is was jittery. so after taking out the usb and putting in a different port it was aligned but the sound was gone… so kept on playing the shell game and finally found the correct order and placement so everything works likes a charm … I am at a lose for words i have no idea it was this difficult, I spent 20 yrs working on deltas planes in dfw as a mechanic i’ve worked on every md 88 md 90 757 767 777 and a couple md11 and dc9 and dc8 my father was a crew chief on buffs and tankers and on -135v planes are all i know

3 Likes

I could almost see your head busting so I’m glad you have found a solution. It’s actually not that uncommon to find differences in USB behaviour depending on where their headers are in relation to other components on the main board. And I definitely try to avoid the front panel for anything but charging my Kindle etc. :+1:

Can you imagine how difficult troubleshooting in a f… Airbus is, especially at FL300?

Great that MSFS is now working as it should :+1: :slight_smile:

Glad you got it worked out!

Ahhh…had you unplugged some stuff previously then plugged back in?

I know that this does screw up control mapping in IL-2 Cliff’s of Dover but I thought it had been fixed in IL-2 Great Battles series. - Windows doesn’t help either but this could indeed explain how your IL-2 assignments were swapped around.

As for “peripheral works ok in some USB ports but less ok in others (jitter/offsets)” this could possibly be USB power on some ports is less good then on others maybe? Have you tried these same devices plugged into a powered hub?

It’s also probably worth labelling the ports and the cables for future unplugging so they can get back to the right place. (Which is actually what I have done for Cliffs of Dover)

See a little work pays off hahah! Is it by chance that not all you USB are 3.0+ and you were plugging in USB 2.0 into a USB 3.0 port. I know this happens to people. It might not be header placement at all and just that you had a 2 in a 3 port. If I remember correctly you can tell the difference by looking at the port, and if the inside plastic part is blue then its USB 3 and the other colors are USB 2 or less.

…except USB 3.2, which is red.
Yellow indicates that the port is always on, meaning the type cannot be told that way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.