Air Création Tanarg 912 – screenshots

LOL-- I am the ‘John Cillis’ who created that freeware trike. I learned Trike flying in two place trikes, the second being an Air Creation, and applied that into making the flight model for my single place trike. I have the Air Creation for MSFS 2020 on my Xbox S, and I enjoy it quite a bit, it reminds me of what I flew when I first got trike instruction under Light Sport.

Flying a trike in real life is so much fun–your arms are the flight controls and ‘hydraulics’ for the trike, and in trikes with no fairings, you have an unlimited view of the ground below you.

Thanks for mention of my old trike on these great forums for our latest sims.

If you like ultralights, do not forget the Top Rudder 103, Aerolite 103, and the VTOL Astro One, my fav Vtol for the sim, even more so than the copters, since it can be trimmed to fly at just 55 knots for city sightseeing.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply - nice to meet you! I spent an incredible number of hours with your trike in FS2004 - excellent work! I’m fascinated by the steering principle and the simplicity of trikes. At the moment I still can’t get away from the Tanarg in MSFS. Thanks for your three tips :laughing:

1 Like

Discovery tour through Djibouti. Departure from the capital:

On the way to Ali Sabieh:

In the back country:

View to Lac du Goubet:

Over the Parc national de la Forêt de Day:

Ile Moucha in the Gulf of Tadjoura:

Back in the capital:

Winter holiday in Austria. 6 flights around Zell am See (LOWZ). Interesting aerodrome, great scenery!

Flight 1: View to Zell am See from the south in the morning

Flight 2: View to Kitzbühel

Flight 3: Flight to Grossglockner

Flight 4: View from Kitzsteinhorn to Zell am See

Flight 5: West of Zell am See, view to LOWZ

Flight 6: East of Zell am See

1 Like

Strathaven with its three grass runways is an ideal place for a few flying lessons.
In reality there is a microlight school.

My flying lesson:

Runway 05/23 - here 23:

Runway 09/27 - here 09:

Runway 16/34 - here 34:

Morning flight in live weather conditions to some of Norway’s winter hotspots with the Tanarg 912 ULS.

2 Likes

Discovery flight from Zell am See to the ski area on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier.

1 Like

I have a collection of ultralight sightseeing flight plans that are designed for this type of flying. Take off, see something, and land. No navigation or GPS instruments are required; just follow the on-screen markers.

Trike ultralights were one of my favorite type of aircraft in previous sims, but I don’t use the Tanarg in MSFS because the Marketplace version has encrypted configuration files, which prevents me from doing tweaks, being selective about liveries, etc. I have been unable to find a downloadable version that has unencrypted files. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hey, I know your flight plans and have already used a handful of them. Nice work. … Yes, you’re right, it’s a pity that the configuration files are encrypted. Deep in my heart I really want a small trike with good soaring characteristics, such as the ATF Soaring Trike.

The Tanarg 912 is perfect for spontaneous field landings.

1 Like

Sunday morning in the west of Scotland:
EGEO - EGVZ (touch-and-go) - EG29 (refueling) - EGEI (touch-and-go) - EGEO

Flight with tailwind from Oban via Glenforsa and Ben More to Kilfinichen Airstrip (not realised in the simulator, but still easily recognisable and usable).

Oban Airport

Glenforsa

Ben More

Kilfinichen Airstrip

2 Likes