Air Création Tanarg 912 – screenshots

Those who have already read my posts know that I am a fan of the Aircreation Tanarg 912 ultralight trike, created by DeimoS Inc. for MSFS. I would be happy if the trike pilots among you post screenshots here in this thread. Maybe we can motivate others to fly trikes and there will be a community event at some point.

What I like about ultralight trikes is the stripped-down design and the unrestricted view, which is perfect for VFR. Of course there are cons: No night and bad weather flights, the cruising speed is often not high enough for community events.

What could be a better first picture for this thread than Aircreation’s headquarters at Aubenas airport in France (LFHO)! You can find it in Claude Roure’s addon

3 Likes

A few older snaps. This is a fun one, I like the little ultralights and the trike is “different” in an amusing way :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yes, it is really ‘different’. I think it’s one of those airplane types that you either love or hate. I fell in love with John Cillis’ freeware trike in FS2004 (speed range from 40 to 60 mph :rofl::rofl:) and was very happy when FSX included a trike out of the box.

1 Like

High altitude is not the place ultralight trikes were built for, but Mark Jackson and Eve Jackson set a record by flying over Kilimanjaro in 2008. Here are some facts about the record.

I repeated this flight in MSFS:

2 Likes

Suprisingly, despite the slow cruising speed of my Tanarg 912, I was able to follow yesterday’s event across the Shetland Islands. It was a great trip; thanks to @RandyWA .

2 Likes

To start flying the Air Creation Tanarg 912 ULS, I recommend a small airfield (812 ft) on a hill 6 miles south of Spokane: Reed (WT24).

The radio mast in the northern alignment of the short runway presents an interesting challenge.

In real life, there is a “trike school” at this location; thus, there is some realism.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Surprised by bad weather: precautionary landing near Preikestolen :bouvet_island: (in the background)

3 Likes

Towards the sun with a rudimentary flying machine. Flying a weight-shift-control aircraft – that’s flying like the pioneers of yesteryear!

4 Likes

Evening flight to Dover and Folkestone. Take-off and landing at Waldershare Park.

White Cliffs of Dover

Touch-and-go at Folkestone beach

Folkestone White Horse

Eurotunnel portal

3 Likes

Flight across the Thames Estuary from EGDH to EGML with touch-and-go in EGHB and EGOL

Margate

Red Sands and Shivering Sands, armed towers built in the Thames during the Second World War

Southend Pier

London in the background

Downwind of Damys Hall Aerodrome, the basecamp of my London visit

1 Like

1 Like

To Mount St. Helens in the morning:

1 Like

Phare du planier / Planier Lighthouse

2 Likes

I just purchased this for Xbox- how do you hide the pilot in first person and is there a gps?

1 Like

Sorry, I do not hide the pilot; I have not yet considered it necessary. There is no GPS; that is indeed a great pity.

Eryri National Park with astonishing good real weather

2 Likes

Scenic flight in the north of Beirut

Leaving Beirut in the morning

Flight into the mountains

Fascinating lebanese landscape

Stopover at Wujah Al Hajar

Following the pass road

A look at Syria

Back to Beirut

Landing in Beirut (OLJD - an exciting short airfield)

2 Likes

Short trip to the Dead Sea

Above the salty water

Beach landing for a salt bath

Crazy altitude

Departure from Port Said (HEPS)

Suez Canal

Bitter Lakes

Along canals to Cairo

Cairo

Approach to Maadi Military Hospital Heliport - I love this small airstrip!

Visit to the pyramids, of course!

More pyramids in the south of Cairo

Along the Nile (destination airport: HE30)