Air Manager and VR?

If I decide to go VR, will my Air manger become useless ?? I have the knobster and pretty sure I can use that in VR but I’m thinking Air manager will gather dust.

If you want to incorporate Air Manager with VR, you will want to look into Mixed Reality.

Russ Barlowe did a video on it (albeit using XPLANE) but it does show the capabilities of Mixed VR with Air Manager.

1 Like

is mixed realty kinda like passthrough ??

You can use Knobster in VR without Air Manager:

Also Axis and Ohs supports Knobster.

I’ve seen this and will probably end up using it. There was somebody at Sim Innovations that made a link between knobster and VoiceAttack called KnobsterVoice which looks really cool BUT, there isn’t much info available on it. I can’t find any updates etc but it looks like you use VA to “tell” the knobster what to control !!!

Apologies for bunping this to the top.

Rather than use the knobster menu in VR, is it possible to use your left hand controller to aim and click a rotary (say the barometer dial) and then use the knobster with your right hand?

Did you ever get?

I make minimal use of bindings and hardware in VR that are not directly related to flight controls, but I’ve always felt like a knob or two would be nice.

If you are not into DIY enough to build your own knob/switch/button panel you may consider using cheap MIDI device
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=0808-AAF

It can be assigned to MSFS with Axis and Ohs or some other binding control software.

1 Like