Air Manager G1000 needed!

Agreed! I learn best that way too.

On another note, I’ve released my modified G1000 bezel at the link below. 100% compatible with regular SimConnect / MSFS SDK commands, so no Mobiflight wankery required to get it working. I’ve improved VS and FLC functionality and the associated nose up / down button behaviours to match how it works in the real unit. VNAV key now also works if using the Working Title G1000 NXi add-on from the marketplace.

1 Like

Thank You.

I am trying to remove a waypoint and if I press the CLR button nothing happens in Airmanager but it works in the cockpit. Can you confirm if this is a problem or I am doing something wrong?
Thanks

If it works in the sim but not in the panel, then it’s an issue with my panel. I’ll have to look into it.

I’m looking at it. The CLR button is the stock Sim Innovations code, as is for most of this panel. I don’t know what this is supposed to be doing, but it’s not activating the CLR event. I’ll have to go look this up in the SDK and see what the correct event for it is.

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if I should have referred that to you. Hope it’s OK, if not just let me know. I’m new to all this.

Looking at it now. Trying all kinds of different events and such from the SDK, but none of them want to fire for that button. I’m stumped… I can only get it to fire using a Mobiflight event.

If it needs a Mobiflight events than lets use it, until a better solution comes up.

OK, got it working. I had to dig though the Mobilight events file to find what SDK / Simconnect event it was using. Seems to be working now.

I now have the newest copy uploaded to my Google Drive. Download, install, and enjoy.

At one time, Mobiflight was the only way. Now I’d rather avoid it altogether is possible and let people use the G1000 natively now that the commands are in the SDK and accessible. WEll, mostly, it seems.

Is it the Generic - Garmin G1000 NXi.siff? Because I just download it and there is no Mobiflight events in the logic.lua code.

Nope. No Mobiflight events. It should work as is. I looked into the Mobiflight event file and looked up what SDK event Mobiflight was using, used that, and it worked. It’s using an old SimConnect command vs what’s in the new SDK. The events listed in the current SDK do nothing with the Garmin, it seems.

1 Like

Works great. SorryI was under the impression that you used a Mobiflight event. I must of read wrong.

Thanks again.

I just wasn’t clear. I tried the current SDK events, and couldn’t get them to work. Tried old SDK values, they didn’t work either. Tried a Mobiflight even, and that worked. So I went and looked up what the Mobiflight event was using and found it was an old SimConnect command. Using that old H: command worked without having to have Mobiflight in the loop at all

Well, I now have a touch monitor and AM. Managed to get the 1000 bezel and the PFD from the 172 on the same screen and more or less sized. The touch responds but not the way I expect. The touch does nothing to the bezel, but it shows a square with a depression on the main screen.

1. Displays are set to ‘Extend’
  2. Bezel is set to Lock, Always on top
    I read through the AM ‘manual’. I see nothing on how to save the completed panel. Do you have to re- assemble and resize it each time? That’s a real chore.

When you touch your Windows start menu on the touch screen, does it pop the touchscreen, or main monitor? If it pops open on the main screen, then you need to do a touch calibration in Windows.

Look for this in your Start Menu…

A panel layout should be automatically saved. When you create a new panel and add instruments, it’s automatically saved for recall. At least it should be.

Thank you. I got it working, touch works. The panel is saved. I thought it saved the bezel and the inserted pop-out from the PFD. After thinking about it, it didn’t seem reasonable. Am I correct?

It doesn’t save the pop out. Just the position of the AM I instruments.

Look into a tool called FancyZones. It’s part of an addon for Windows 10 by Microsoft called Windows 10 PowerToys. It will allow you to define areas on your screen. You can then shift+drag a window onto that spot and it resizes automatically. And you can save up to 10 different profiles.

It’s a bit of work to get set up initially, but then it’s super quick to use once you have that done.

Thanks, installed FancyZones. Looks like I’ll need a day to set up, Too late tonight to devote time to it. Old eyeballs need time to rest and recharge. :yawning_face:

It’s a bit of a pain to set up initially. But once you have 1 layout set up, the rest come pretty easily. And then setting up for a flight is a piece of cake.

You can also set your FancyZone layouts to have hotkeys. Move your mouse to the monitor you want to use, press Ctrl + Alt + Start + [numbers 1-0] and you can quickly recall a layout. For example, all my panels for various planes that use the G1000, I have the G1000 bezel at the same location. So I shut down any open AM panels, go to each of my touch monitors, and hit Ctrl + Alt + Start + 1 to enable that profile.

And Start + ` will open the FancyZones app. Just be sure your mouse is on the monitor you want to be working on before doing any of the FancyZones shortcuts.