Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

Actually you can if the data is made available. There is a 737 CDU in the Air Manager store that doesn’t use a pop out. It’s for the xplane zibo mod. I doubt however that all the required data would be available to make something similar for MSFS. Well not presently anyhow. So sim or add-on limited rather than Air Manager limited.

Yep as Crunch said you are free to use the community instruments or panels for personal use. The creator reserves the right to withdraw items but I’m not aware of that happening. The rights are with the individual creators so if you want to modify and share it’s best to pm the author(s) via the sim innovations forum to get their blessing and then submitting it back to the community store for everyones benefit. Don’t be offended if the answer is no but generally if someone if comfortable with it already being shared then it’s likely they will be ok with it being updated. Some prefer to do the update themselves however. Some of the authors will be inactive now so you will not always get a reply. When updating something give due credit for the parts you used in the description If in doubt create it yourself from scratch then there is no issue.
Sorry I can’t be more concise but as you can see it has complications. Some guidelines for submissions can be found over on the SI forums. Just search for Guidelines or Submissions.

Absolutely. This is not the type of data that we can tap into in MSFS right now. At least not from an external program. Some day, perhaps, but for right now, we’re limited to the tools we have available.

For the g3000 overlay it says needs MOBIFLIGHT WASM MODULE is that as simple as doing the software download or is there more to the setup up. Been looking and haven’t seen anything unless I’m just overlooking it. Thanks.

There are a couple of steps. You download and install the software, and then there’s a WASM module you need to move to your community folder. I THINK they now have a way of automatically installing the WASM module built into the app. I don’t know. It’s been a while since I last updated it. I’m at work at the moment, so I can’t check it out on my own computer and my memory of the app is fuzzy, as it’s not something you really need to use. You only really need the WASM module as far as I understand.

Be aware that in the coming days, I’m going to be removing Mobiflight as a requirement for this bezel. At least I’ll be trying to. The original author built this at a time when that was the only way of accessing G3000 soft keys. I believe that’s no longer the case. I’ll be trying to get it working without Mobiflight.

The past while I’ve been buried up to my ears and creating custom artwork for all mine and FLRob24’s CJ4 instruments (vs screen shots from in game we’re currently using) so we can get our CJ4 suite included in the Air Manager community instrument store. So haven’t had much time to work on other instruments.

1 Like

Awesome. Prob just hold off for a bit then. Rather just have the native air manager function for it. Your panels look and function great. Been using the nxi overlay recently and transitioning from the 208c into the tbm more this week.

1 Like

You definitely need the soft keys for the TBM. If we were flying the Longitude, I’d say just use is. Set the user properties to set it as a G5000, and it hides the keys and you’re just using it as a visual bezel in that case.

I’ll see if I can squeeze it out tonight after work, but I can’t make any promises. I have a few other “away from the computer” things I need to take care of this evening, so not sure how much time I’ll have available.

1 Like

Looks like @Sling380 gave you your answer in the post above mine. That’s basically the rules I’ve been working under.

In the case of mine and FLRob’s instruments, we’ve banded under a team and called it Simstrumentation. We created a GitHub repo for our development work. We welcome community input and contributions. We’d prefer people who make changes to our code branch it, then do a merge request to include it back into the original source. That way it remains source-controlled. But we also realize that some people may not and just branch of modify stuff on their own as well. As long as credit for the original work is give, I’m ok with that.

In the end, none of us are making money off of this work. We build instruments for our own use in our own cockpits to suit our own needs. To me, it makes no sense to just hoard that stuff when so many other could benefit from it as well. At least that’s my philosophy. If my effort can enrich someone else’s sim experience, I’m glad to contribute. I’m already making it for myself. Once it’s done, there’s no point in not sharing it.

And I’ve also been on the Internet before most people even knew what the Internet was. I’m under no illusion that posting my stuff publicly with ANY licencing stipulation means it won’t be distributed and / or modified outside the bounds of what I’d like it to be. It is what it is.

Ok… I’m an idiot. I do indeed have the G1000 on the GitHub. Originally I didn’t intend to put it there but I think I had moved all my custom instruments into my local repo and it got uploaded there anyway.

Sorry for steering you wrong on that one. It’s here:

I’m debating removing it from there for the reasons I stated above though…

Ok. I’m not crazy then. :wink:
You’re not an idiot. Maybe we can just chalk it up as a case of pre-geriatric, aforementioned brain flatulence?

And FWIW, I think it would be a shame not to keep it posted on your Github. It’s a good version, and I really like the black bezel.

I hit 50 this year, so those “senior moments” are getting more and more frequent. lol It’s brain flatulence for now, but I may need to eventually get some head Depends in case it becomes brain sharts instead and starts coming out my ears…

1 Like

OK, I’ve updated it and placed it on our Simstrumentaton GitHub. Mobiflight is no longer required for the G3000. It just required me to do a global search and replace and replace the Mobiflight. commands with
H: to get it all working.

Let me know how it works out for you.

1 Like

@Crunchmeister71 Many thanks to you and to all the contributors for this wonderful Github

1 Like

FIFTY?!! Young man, you have NO excuse for senior moments. You’re just entering your prime!

1 Like

V1.4 of the engine and trim controls panel has just been uploaded to GitHub.

Features:

• Fresh new graphical overhaul
  • Working protective covers on RUN buttons (touch hinges to open covers to use buttons)
  • No longer requires Mobiflight to work! (Thanks to @Toddimus831)

Get it while it’s hot!!!

v

Mooney M20R Fuel Selector valve v1.0 just added.

@brlowe1965, I know you’ve been waiting for this one.

For those of you with 3D printers, I designed printable mounting brackets that attach to the Honeycomb controllers. One will also hold a Knobster.

3 Likes

I’m having trouble withe the new G1000 NXi panel. Not all the buttons seem to work for me. Some do and some don’t. They all click and ‘move’ when pressed but some don’t seem to communicate with MSFS. Same with the rotating knobs. They rotate with the knobster but only work when adjusting heading or altitude.

Thoughts anyone?

Strange. We’re all running the same build of it and you’re the first to report this. I’m in a flight right now cruising in AP. Even entered the entire FP using the G1000 bezel instead of the world map.

You should first confirm that you have the latest, greatest version of it from the link below and then confirm that’s the version you have in your panel,

It sounds like a symptom of using an old version that uses Mobiflight, without actually having Mobiflight. Some stuff works, some doesn’t