Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

Already half way there with your background. The videos were aimed at total beginners so you will likely proceed at a faster pace. The wiki and the videos will help with the API specifics. Please note that videos were recorded with an older version of Air Manager and there have been a few changes since then but the fundamentals are all there. The API wiki pages should be up to date.

1 Like

I imported your G1000. Now how do I access it to resize as I do with the AM included panels? In Create/edit, ‘Run’ brings up the coding, of which I know nothing. :confounded:

You have to create a new empty panel in AM with a transparent background then add the G1000 and any other instruments you want to it. Running an instrument from the code view is not the way to use it.

I’d recommend watching some YouTube videos on how to create panels with existing instruments. Any such video from Russ Barlow will be awesome.

Did you mean to take the G1000 down from your GitHub? I was checking on any updates to the repo and it’s not there!

There’s some other updates I want to check out though! Thanks to you and Rob. :+1:t2:

I never had the G1000 in the Simstrumentation GitHub repo. We reserve that for from scratch instrument builds. For the G1000, all I did was modify a couple of small portions of code from Sim Innovations’ G1000 - basically edited graphics, added VNAV, and made the CLR function work. I’m not looking to further develop it or include it back into AM, as it’s not mine to do that with.

If you scroll up to the second post in this thread, the G1000 NXi bezel is posted there with my other instruments.

That’s weird. I must have had some brain flatulence then. :slight_smile: I could have sworn I got it from GitHub.

We all get brain flatulence occasionally. The older I get, the more frequent it happens. lol

On a side note, you may want to check out GitHub for the latest CJ4 Controls Panel. It’s a complete graphical overhaul as well as some added functionality. In AM, the covers on the run / stop buttons are now functional as well.

1 Like

Where did you download the autopilot panel you have on the top right of your your right screen?

That’s an instrument I’m currently building. Much of it doesn’t quite work yet as I haven’t had time to work on it. The layout is there, but only a few of the buttons and none of the knobs or indicators have been coded in yet.

@FLRob27 and I have been busy developing the complete suite of CJ4 instruments with the intent of having them added natively to the Air Manager community store. It’s required both extensive coding and graphics work, so that’s been taking up my time as of late.

Once that project is over, I’ll turn my attention back to the TMB and continue work on the autopilot panel. I know it’s one that’s badly needed as there are little to no TBM instruments out there at the moment for MSFS.

1 Like

@Crunchmeister71 Is the CDU for the CJ4 just a bezel that requires you to pop out the CDU screen or does it work independently?

CDU reqires the screen from the sim to be popped out and placed. There’s no way for us to be able to display that kind of information with such dynamic menus and information in Air Manager.

That is what I thought. Until I upgrade my graphics or sim changes are made to make pop out windows more efficient I cant take the performance hit.

I’m hoping its the latter and that they fix the performance issue with popouts. Even though it’s not specifically “multi-monitor” support, I’m hoping once Asobo introduce support for multiple monitors that it will be more like “multi-viewport”. When that happens (was scheduled for this year), that should fix this performance issue that comes from having these multiple viewports from the sim.

1 Like

I’m hoping for the later to. I’m on an EVGA waiting list for a 3080ti but I got in on the tail end of the 24 hour pre-sale for “Elite” members, so who knows when my number will come.

Has anyone converted either of the following two Garmin AP panels to MSFS?

GMC710
GFC500

The GMC 710 I’ve started working on a few weeks ago, but been focusing mostly on CJ4 instruments atm and haven’t had time to finish it off.

The GFC 500 is available (along with other instruments) at the link below. However, be aware most of them require Mobiflight as the author built them before much of the commands were available directly via SimConnect and hasn’t updated them since.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dHG3OkFKFEz8mssAX25soBflUJbMcL5I

Thanks. Ill take a look.

I can’t seem to readily find the license used for user created panels. Is there a standard one provided by SimInnovations or is it up to the individual panel maker to provide a license?

You can freely use any instrument shared publicly by users.

Perhaps @Sling380 could shed a bit more light on this question.

Yeah, use is one thing. I download a panel and then customize it to my need, no harm no fowl.

I would not mind republishing, but there is where I feel I might step on toes, unless the user gauges/panels are already defined under an open source license.

I’ve got 2 instruments that aren’t my own that I have shared on my Google Drive. Those would be the G3000 and G1000 I shared in my list above.

With the G3000, which was by Yves Leveque whose repo I shared with you for the GFC500. I did some graphical mods so that a user has the option of using it as a G3000 bezel with softkeys, or a G5000 without.

Then there’s the G1000 which is basically the stock G1000 with a darker skin and added functionality for Working Title’s G1000 NXi VNAV function. As well, the original G1000 bezel CLR button didn’t work in MSFS. That’s now fixed as well.

I leave the original author credits in the meta data and just added a section stating the changes I made and making no claim of authorship on the instrument.