Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

@Crunchmeister71 you think there is anyway to program the turn knob on the honeycomb as like a knobster? So when you highlight the things in touch in yellow you can use it as your turning? Thanks for any help and I’m gonna try and set mine the same as yours for the crj and use iPad as fmc since I have airmanager.

There’s no way to do that. You have to use either the “real” one, or a DIY which flashes the Arduino that controls it to be recognized as a Knobster.

@Crunchmeister71 how do you install them in air manger and get them to work? I have downloaded them and put them in air manager just import instrument and I have working title and I also have mobflight downloaded. Do I need to do anything with mobflight? Or what am I missing? None of the instruments work. With a mouse or touch?

Unless you’re using some of the CJ4 instruments that require Mobiflight or a couple of the odd ones in my collection above that do, there’s no reason to get Mobiflight any more. The G1000 doesn’t need it, nor do any of the stock instruments.

Literally, you just build a panel with the instruments and they should work, assuming you have the Air Manager plugin installed. A note of caution on that one - the plugin has some issues. If you close down MSFS or it crashes, on subsequent runs it won’t work. There are 2 ways of fixing that. The “right” way is to go find the bridge service in your system services, stop it, and start it again. The quick way is to keep the bridge plugin installer on your desktop and to just run it before you open MSFS. It takes about 5 seconds and doesn’t require you digging through your services control panels to find a cryptic entry down the list to cycle.

Ok I am trying to use the FMS on my iPad and can get it into air manager just when I click it doesn’t work thanks again for a quick response. @Crunchmeister71

I take it you’re using Spacedesk or Duet to use it on the iPad? Not that it makes a difference. Just curious.

using splashtop x wired display spacedesk would work. But I also have a 19" screen for the autopilot control and use the mouse and that didn’t work.

Strange. Mouse control should most definitely work.

Make sure that in your panel properties, you don’t have input mode turned ott. Default should be the best so that it works with any input.

Also, just because you see tis in the bottom corner of the screen doesn’t mean the plugin is actually working…

You can click the plugin installer at any time, even if the sim is running, and if it wasn’t properly connected, it will pick it up and start working.

Thanks I got it working the bridge quit on me. Thanks so much for all your work. Just by chance which instrumetns need Mobi flight?

Of my instruments the only one that needs it is the G3000/5000 bezel. With Rob’s CJ4 instruments, a few need it. Don’t know which ones offhand though.

Sounds good well thanks for all you did to get the cj4 working. What do you need to set up on Mobiflight to get the bezel to work? I could sit and pick your brain about this all day. I would love to make instruments and build.

THere’s not much to mobiflight. You install it, and there’s a folder with their WASM module that needs to be copied to your COmmunity folder. THat’s about it really. Then it’s good to go.

And just crack open the code to any of the free instruments and take a look at how it works. That plus the Sim Innovations wiki will have all you need to get started bulding.

I started just slightly modifying existing instruments that didn’t quite work for me. Then I started replacing graphics. That led to building new ones from scratch…

Well I really enjoy it as I am a real pilot so fun to get into a sim and do stuff you don’t really do.

1 Like

Just FYI, I’m going to be redoing that G3000 bezel very soon so that it no longer required Mobiflight. Now that a bunch of events are available via the SDK that weren’t at the time it was originally built, I can get rid of those command and replace them with the proper H: events for the G3000 soft keys.

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to it! :heart_eyes:

If you are a beginner just starting out with Air Manager work your way through the tutorial videos to help get to grips with the API.

[https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcQa_TB8e0Eic-22ua31vDTfgML5TNaWV]

1 Like

Thanks so much and I will definitely take a look at it. I build websites and run ads on google and build html websites so shouldn’t be to hard. Lol just haven’t even looked into it. But definitely will watch and learn.

If you have a reasonable grasp on programming (like Javascript), LUA isn’t hard to learn. Sling’s videos are good. I’ve watched a couple of them so far and they’ve helped a lot. And the API reference on the Sim Innovations site has all the info you need for using specific functionality. It’s a lot to learn, but not difficult to pick up for the most part.

1 Like