Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

I didn’t know there was a second update this morning. I don’t have that… I’ll look into it when I get back to my computer.

It’s fixed now. FLC works again. The fix for it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it seems to work… No guarantees it won’t need to be fixed again with the next update.

Very strange! Still not working for me.

OK, I don’t know what to tell you. It;s working for me. I’m up in the Baron right now and it works for me. I just literally used FLC to get to cruise altitude. :confused:

Just made a change and uploaded another copy. Try again…

I figured out what changes were made in 0.5.1 and why things weren’t working. This should fix it.

Exited MSFS, installed your latest fix, tested in the C172 and everything is OK now.

Thanks.

In 0.5.0, they removed the “legacy” FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_OFF and FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_ON and replaced with a toggle event called FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE.

In order to maintain compatibility with the old G1000 and NXi, I had to send both old and new events. The stock G1000 wouldn’t recognize the new command, and the NXi wouldn’t recognize the old command. All was good with 0.5.0.

With 0.5.1, they restored the old ON / OFF commands as well. So that caused a double firing of the FLC event. Whatever state it was in is where it stayed.

I’ve simply reverted to the old version of the FLC code pre 0.5.0 and it works again. 1 set of commands for all versions of the G1000.

Thanks for the explanation. Hope it will continue to work after next week MSFS major update. :wink:

Do you happen to have a feature request for the touch screen functionality so we can vote on that??

There is one somewhere that’s been around for almost a year and had about 20 votes. You’d have to go look for that to find it. It’s there somewhere…

I am using and enjoying the CJ4 panesl thanks again to @Crunchmeister71 and @FLRob27 .
However to make the experience even more enjoyable, it would be great if there is way for the pop-out instruments to be triggered, resized and positioned in somehow a semi automatic way (based on last used parameters). Any idea?

There’s no way to do this automatically. This would have to be done within the sim itself. And I don’t see Asobo putting any time into a feature that’s only available on 1 platform.

However, there’s a way to do it easier. Look into a tool that’s part of MS’ Windows 10 Power Toys suite called FancyZones. It allows you to define areas on your screen where you can just shift+drag a window and it will resize automatically.

100% agree but also concur that it may never come because it’s only something cockpit builders use. If the size and position were remembered per aircraft that would be sweet and provide for a seemless experience after the initial setup.

1 Like

HI all. I am trying air manager in the demo mode and downloaded the G1000 NXi instrument.
When I click show in Air Manager the panel is empty. I cannot see any bezel at all.

There’s something I am missing probably?

Demo mode only allows you to see and use the instruments on the demo panel I believe. At least that’s my understanding of it.

1 Like

ok, thanks!

Many thanks @Crunchmeister71 for the info. Indeed FancyZones (I 've watched a couple of tutorials) seems to be helpful (not only for Air Manager panel). Before I install (just always concerned when I need to install a new software about breaking existing softwares due to a potential incompatibility) I have a question: I have read some comments mentioning that FancyZones does not work well in multi-monitors environment. But these are may be old comments. I know from your videos that you have at least a couple of “secondary” monitors. Does FancyZones work on those non main monitores including touch screens?

I have 5 monitors. 6 if you include me using my iPad via spacedesk. No issues here at all.

When you have time, check out the added blackout/booting “feature” I made for the NXi. I put it in an issues post on your GitHub repository.

Just replied to you over on GitHub…