Air traffic controlled by the player (looking for tool)

hello,

we are a french south-west club of flight simulator players. We want to do a controlled training flight, where one of the players will be the controller, while the others will fly.

However we do not find software allowing us to see the planes and the information in MSFS from a control post, as it existed for FSX or P3D.

Do you know any? How can we do ?

It takes some setting up, but you could utilize https://events.flighttracker.tech/
If you click “Join” on the top right you can download the client and see what other features it has.

If I remember correctly, you should also be able to connect radar software to it EuroScope – EuroScope the VATSIM Radar Scope

@NguyenQHy , do you know the current status? :slight_smile:

Alternatively, you could all connect to VATSIM

Thank you for your answer.

We want to be able to fly among ourselves for training. Is it possible with this app ?

I will look in detail

That app will show each other on a map. You then need a voice service (such as Discord, Skype, etc) to hear each other.

1 Like

Thank-you,

Yes, we have a Discord channel, and we meet in a room too.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Little Nav Map do this?

Hello,

to my knowledge, little navmap does not allow to have all the flight information of an aircraft (altitude, speed, direction, etc.).

Example of what we would need.

Something is off with your fonts :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get even more information if you connect an ATC radar software (e.g. Euroscope, VRC, Aurora) to Flight Events. To do that, you just need to click “Start ATC Server” (and also VATSIM mode if you are using VRC) and connect your favorite ATC radar to “localhost”.

Some more info on ATC integration:

• Discord channel switching based on active frequency in your ATC client
  • See aircraft information and flight plans in your radar scope
  • Edit flight plans and assignments and sync the modifications to other controllers
  • Send message to other controllers
  • Get metar from NOAA
1 Like

Volanta might be something to look into. You’ll be able to see all your friends on a map, and be able to click on them individually to see their current altitude, heading, and ground speed (though unfortunately you can’t see those values for all players simultaneously like you would on a regular ATC scope).

1 Like

Thank-you, I do not know.

Little NavMap is excellent for so many things and ATC controlled sessions are entirely possible, but need users to run another small and free piece of software to transmit their position to the controller throuh LNM. We run ATC sessions every week, as we have done since year dot.

1. JoinFS

This one also allows cross platform use and can therefore show users running not only MSFS, but FSX, P3D, X plane and others.

1. Virtualflight online Transmitter

This is an excellent tool and the setup instructions are simple and elegant. It can also run at the same time as JoinFS too. It is available from virtualflight online or flightsim.to

How can I connect it to VRC? I don’t see an option to connect to localhost

You can create a myservers.txt file in My Documents/VRC (you should see a servers.txt file downloaded by VRC already there). In that file, just put in 127.0.0.1 localhost