Airbus A310-300

First, you need an active flightplan in Simbrief. The plane cannot read saved plans.

Second, you need to enter you alias or nickname that you use on Simbrief. If it has any special characters that are not on the MCDU, you’ll need to change your alias or setup a new account.

Third (an the one I initially missed) you need to be online within the sim as if you were playing multi-player.

In the MCDU, press menu and then ACARS. Enter your alias, and then press the Simbrief button. “Pending” will show for a couple seconds, and then your flightplan will load…whichever one you have active in your account.

2 Likes

Am I the only one to think that the instruments views are too many ? Not the custom views, the instruments views

I use a gamepad to cycle through them and it’sa pain.

There is no way to cycle through custom views with a gamepad, only instruments views

Ideally, I would like the same instruments views as the fbw a32nx, they are perfect.

I know I have to mess around with the camera.cfg file to do that, but I don’t know what to change exactly.

Can I copy /paste the camera.cfg fille from the fbw a32nx ? I guess not.

Is there Another way or explanation about the camera.cfg file ?

Thank you !

Yes, I had the same problem on my first flight with the A310 and I didn’t understand what I forgot. Fortunately the flight was short and it happened when I was already descending so it wasn’t a problem. For the rest I liked the A310, I found it more complex than the Fenix A320 I usually fly with, but that’s okay.

Update: Found in another post. When the APU is turned off, the APU BLEED must also be turned OFF.
I remember not doing it, maybe this is the cause of the problem.
I’ll check the next flight.

Thank you so much. It’s all working now.

1 Like

How do you calibrate them? I cant figure it out.

Technically they should be identical. But it may depend on what AIRAC you are using in simbrief. So if you have a navigraph sub you get to use the latest AIRAC cycle, if no sub then it is an older AIRAC which may or may not match the more recent one in sim. You can probably get a good enough match though.

Unfortunately XBox can’t currently import simbrief flight plans into the world map (that I know of) yet, which would overcome that hurdle. You can import files from the xbox cloud, but you have no way to save simbrief flightplans to the cloud which is frustrating. If only they would integrate that functionality or have an app to store simbrief flightplans to the cloud so you could download them from there. Feature request perhaps?

BUT

If you put in departure runway / sid / star and arrival runway in world map and select high altitude IFR and set your cruise altitude in the profile page, you have the most important part anyway. I think world map gives you some options for waypoints in between but they may or may not match the navigraph flightplan. You will have to see what you can do, but ATC for departure, sid, star and arrival are the most important bits anyway even if your plan slightly differs enroute (I guess it depends on flight duration too, short flight plans will have minimal waypoints compared to longer ones). Simbrief also shows a map of the route so you could do a visual comparison with world map flightplan before launching the flight.

In the FMS when you import the simbrief flightplan you really just get the waypoints for the trip imported, you actually have to go into FMS and enter the departure runway, sid , star transitions and arrival runway yourself, but it’s not that difficult to do and the A310 FMC seems fine for that purpose. You will get the SID/STAR/transitions info from the simbrief briefing.
You then need to check your flightplan in the FMC for any discontinuities and remove any you find.

The disconnect for you is having no way of directly importing a simbrief plan into world map which is unfortunate. But you will get ATC if you have a plan entered there is the main takeaway from this.

It’s all easier than it sounds really. I’ve probably made it sound more complex than it actually is.

1 Like

Love LOVE this aircraft.

Forgot to enter the CI value in FMS after i CAREFULLY set up everything else to the dot! So when climbing using “profile” mode to FL370, the aircraft stopped climbing at 12,000 ft and i couldn’t figure out why. Then i saw the message on the FMS “Please initialize CI values” (or something like that). So i set the CI to 80 and boom… the aircraft started climbing like a rocket.

Love how this aircraft brings the best of both worlds in terms of operation. It’s like a meetup between Boeing’s more hands-on approach and modern Airbus automation.

3 Likes

The switches are listed in this previous post-

1 Like

I had simbrief list a Cost Index with a preceding letter on my flight plan any ideas what that is? It was ‘M80’ I’ve never seen that before.

What OFP layout are you using? Try EZY and see what it says. I’m guessing it’s 80 but no idea what the M stands for.

There’s a way to import Simbrief weights?

Is M not for minus? Never seen a negative index before

Haven’t found a way, but just enter manually in the EFB performance section. Would like to know if you find a way to import weights from SB.

1 Like

Love the new A310, and overall a great job done on it. 3 fairly long flights now (2-3 hrs each) with no issues to report.
I don’t see the performance issues some are seeing, maybe it’s my AMD set up of AMD 580x3D, 32gb ram, MSI 570 pro M/Board, and a Radeon 6800 XT.

1 Like

Or Mega, or Manly :wink: :laughing: :man_shrugging: Dunno.

Do you have compiled wasm code though? Maybe you are one of the few who does.

What’s your flight plan DEP and Arrival? i want reproduce it with my EZY layout. I’m curious now lol.

The OFP is DAL so I get all info for weights in one place in the briefing. As suggested by someone on here a while back for the 737. (It’s just easier to read).

I just saw your comment and finished a flight just now and realized too late my TOD (top of descent) was calculated before my TOC (top of climb) for some reason. Probably user error but I brought my flight plan in from Simbrief using the FMS and then manually entered the arrival and ILS approach. Not sure what happened.

Use Simbrief. EGKK-LPFR was the first, EGPH-EDDM Second, and lastly LFPG- LGAV.