Airbus A310-300

To fix this:
Make sure you have reversers calibrated the same way with the A320. If it works there, you are good to go.
Go to the calibrate section of the EFB. Turn the reverser functionality on. Calibrate it from there as you would, using the reverser detents. Save it, then turn OFF the reverser axis in the EFB settings. Should work.

Those flightplans for IFR are quite easy tbh.

START and SID to TRANSITION to STAR to END.

Maybe some points in between if it’s a certain airway.

You could propably just take nots from what you make on the worldmap and enter it manually. Practice in this regard makes you very fast once the principle of the MCDU is understood.

I did it so often in the FBW A320, it takes me like 30 seconds to enter an short haul IFR flightplan manually.

then again Simebrief however gives you OFP with fuel, payload and all that what you need as well. The world map is lacking in this regard.

1 Like

My God! thanks for such a detailed answer! Everything fell into place. Thank you!

2 Likes

I paused the plane by hitting the escape key and then went to sleep and then woke up in the morning to resume the flight and the plane immediately started falling out of the sky. Why is this? This hasn’t happened on any of the other airliners. Also, active pause doesn’t seem to work as well. Any ideas guys?

All cockpit buttons stop working when request ATIS from MCDU.
(Airport RKPC)

Anyone else has this issue?

1 Like

@EllsGaming
Regarding CTD with navigraph REV 2 . . .
Ok , I have some good new and bad news 
 I resolved the issue twice 

if I replace the file in navigraph-navdata\scenery\fs-base-jep\scenery\0903\NAX78240.bgl with the previous version and rebiuld the layout.json file , NO CTD ’ and its all fixed and all is well 

I did a bit of reverse engineering and the cause is KAI TAK , I removed it from my Content Manager , always trying to avoid non existent things like closed airports etc 
 If it is reinstalled there is NO CTD's 

So if you get similar issues its 100 percents A not completely installed sim , its a pity because it causes so many other issues 

2 Likes

Is it possible to keep the highres textures from the enhanced pack and deactivate the passenger Cabin? The Cabin gives me some heavy performance issues, even in external view, when zooming in somewhat.

Jonny5Alive6618
You can use any flight planning program/web site.
Even the World Map you can select SIDs and STARs. Just note them down on paper and enter them manually in the TO/FROM on INIT and the route on the Flightplan page as normal.

Worldgrea

No, as it’s part of the core model. We have increased the resolution of the base pack in the next patch however.

BoeingPilot8795
Yep we’re investigating KAI TAK
With Navigraph removed from Community folder all works well there.

holatal
It’s a known issue and has been resolved in future patch. METAR will now be done in the EFB.

RarefiedDrop499
Known issue fixed in future patch

3 Likes

It’s funny you say that because I thought the clouds in SU11 looked better than in SU10.

2 Likes

i’m on xbox s
for now I can fly the plane apart, like today, 60 miles from the arrival in Liml, maybe they were too high, the plane in an inexplicable way continued to turn 360 degrees with the indicators blocked boh
anyway waiting for the patch I’m happy
a question I can’t enter frequencies Vor the knobs turn but the number box remains without values
thanks and congratulations

Sorry but I have a problem with having to “manually” enter the flight plan in two places especially because my copilot refuses to do it. Having to “manually” work with SimBrief and keeping AIRAC data current is time consuming. I’d much rather be flying instead of typing.

I’m not sure why the A310 developers chose NOT to have a MSFS flight plan import feature like the A319/A320neo/A321. But it is what it is

I understand the need for “study level” aircraft and real world immersion. This is great for sim pilots who fly only one aircraft all the time. (IRL being “type rated”). But a “feature” of MSFS allows sim pilots to fly a variety of aircraft from a variety of manufacturers. Having to learn and remember how to enter flight plans for aircraft from different developers is a welcome challenge for some but an obstacle for others.

Okay firstly let me start by say what a fantastic inibuilds have done with A310, don’t get me wrong i had problems trying to get to grips with it and still not fully completed a flight due to one thing or another but i guess that will come with practice, but lets be honest the bar has set for aircraft on the xbox, i am pointing the finger at flybywire, if inibuilds can build this aircraft for both xbox and pc then my question is why o why can’t flybywire do the same, what’s the problem? I personally can’t see anything that can hold them back as the A310 looks just as fully functional as the flybywire A320

2 Likes

Here are my tips for planning your flight with the MSFS world map and having a working ATC with the SimBrief plan without having to use the latest version of AIRAC. And you won’t even need paper and pen! Here goes:

• Open the MSFS

• Open Sim Brief (on another device, side-by-screen or second monitor)

• In MSFS choose the airports and their respective SIDS, STARS and APP

Tip: In MSFS the SIDS, STARS and APP differ from the color of the lines. All waypoints that are on a BLUE line are route waypoints, those that are on yellow lines are SIDS and STARS and those that are on PURPLE line are APP waypoints.

• Go in Simbrief and plan your flight but don’t generate it yet.

• In the route field, delete everything that is automatically generated by SimBrief.

• Write all the waypoints that are on the MSFS blue lines. Example: DROPS LUVIA FAFOD

• In the dispatch remarks write down the SID, STAR AND APP that the MSFS generated and don’t forget the transition waypoints. This note will be made so you don’t need to write it down on paper and simply use the plan generated by SimBrief as a reference.

• Generate your flight with SimBrief

• Generate the flight in MSFS and you’re done.

ATC won’t bother you and everything will go as planned in MSFS.

3 Likes

Found one issue that a search of this thread didn’t show, hopefully I didn’t miss it somewhere

When starting an IFR flight on the runway, it appears the sim doesn’t automatically set the squawk code as it does with other aircraft. I can manually set the code, but I was so used to it being automatically set when starting on the runway I didn’t notice it at first.
Regards

Hello everyone,

i enjoy the plane on PC. I think the plane is good but not perfect.

Unfortunately, the autopilot does not have the option to fly DME-ARC approaches, which can be uncomfortable when flying online on VATSIM.

But it’s still fun to fly the plane.

Regards,
Sascha.

:crazy_face: :crazy_face:
Semantics aside, I think you’re saying the same as me. Plan the flight in MSFS to leverage the 2211 AIRAC data provided by the sim.
Plan the flight in Simbrief to leverage the dispatch info, but overwrite the outdated Simbrief (free accounts) data with that of MSFS and then generate.

With that said, I tested importing my outdated simbrief generated data into the world map and it worked. No issues pulling into the a310 CDU either.

I think either way works. One is just a little easier as you can download the .PLN file and import into MSFS.

Microsoft is paying inibuilds for the A310. AFAIK no one is paying FBW for anything.

2 Likes

Almost all of the things mentioned since my last post are covered in the tutorial videos.
They are all time stamped so you can shortcut to the relevant sections.

SoS74
What is your specific route and I can run it past the team, a lot of us fly on VATSim daily?

2 Likes

My sound bug fix Mod for JN4 and A310 is now live on FligtSim.to They are now silent in MP.
SUXI Sound fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hello EllsGaming,

The Test-Route: EBBR/19 ROUS9L ROUSY UT27 GTQ UN852 MAROT UM985 SOPET SOPE4D LEVC/I12-Z

I use the actual AIRAC from Navigraph in the SIM.

Its the SOPET4D Arrival for Valencia. The DME-ARC in the Arrival will not be shown in the Plane.

Greetings,
Sascha.