Airbus A320 Neo APU Start wont change to AVAIL (lit)

As in the header i have a problem right now. I followed checklist but when i push “APU Start” it turns of and so i cannot start the Airbus. Is it a known bug or did i forgot something?

The A320 has been around for a while. Do you have battery power or GPU? Have you turned on fuel? I got caught out with these kind of errors as well with the A310.

1 Like

No i did follow exactly the check list. Anyway now it turned to AVAIL but i dont know why since i changed nothing.

That happened to me yesterday, restarting the flight fixed it.

It does take a bit of time to spool up and become available. Just another thing to watch for.

Hello,
Your thread was logged in the AAU I beta. The A320neo is not part of that beta, so I have moved your topic. You can post problems you’re having in the Community Support category.

Yeah i was about startin it too but i guessed at first i just missed something. Probably got the same issue like you did.

No. It just turned off after i hit the button. I know that it takes some time to become AVAIL.

1 Like

THX! Allthough i am still used to this forum i still have a lot to learn. Sorry to make it inconvenient for you.

No problem!
All the best!

Just to chime in again regarding this issue, it happened again this afternoon. I turned on the assisted checklist option and at the ‘APU Start’ phase the info text shows the APU getting to about 9% then it drops back to 0%.

Cycling the EXT PWR, APU Bleed & APU Master Switch seemed to get it working again however.

I have a problem with A319 and A320 too. When hitting Start it turns off 1-3 times until it accepts the order. It never works at first attempt. And the Auto Throttle is misterious too. Its a clicking orgy until it works out fine.

Yeah need fuel pumps on first otherwise APU cannot Start.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I was not getting the AVAIL light on until I put all the fuel pumps on.
The checklist has the fuel pumps to the ON position after the APU is running, maybe this is wrong?
Tony

1 Like