Airbus A320 Real Weather

Has anyone had the issue with the plane descending out of control with real weather turned on?
I have no problems at all in conditions such as few clouds and it flies really well.
But it will just fall past the flight level I have set when it’s in real weather and basically gets out of control.
Any fixes or help greatly appreciated

To start, here are the first things to ensure.
With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.

• Under “General”
    Set “Flight Model” to “Modern”, not “Legacy”.
  • Under “Assists”
    Set all “Piloting” assists to “Off”
  • When you are in the sim, from the “winged” sim icon, Open AI Control (icon to the right of the yoke icon), and ensure that “Control Aircraft” is “Off” (button placed to the left).

Next, and quite important, is to add deadzones to each axis for all your controllers. Approximately 5% should be enough, but there have been instances where significantly more was needed.

Do not assume, even if you know how you had these already set, ensure these are this way now.
The last few updates did change some user settings.

When you get all this done, and if you’ve still got the problem, are you using the default A320, or the mod?

FYI, the moderators are a bit strict on posting in the Bugs & Issues section, as per the site rules, so you should search all the other sections of the forum that may pertain to your issue before you post here.
This section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum.

hi - been flying A320 allot using Air Hauler - When Live Weather is on and I reach a certain Altitude going into the clouds and/or into stormy weather - The Speedometer goes crazy - Auto Pilot on or Off - it continues until you either turn live weather off or increase altitude and get away from the clouds - I have everything set as mentioned - the only thing I use AI for is to manage the Radios - I hope they fix it - Having to turn live weather off is a bummer !!

No, that is supposed to happen (well sort of)!
What you are experiencing is the icing of your pitot tubes due to moisture in the clouds at cold enough temps or similar freezing conditions.
In the default A320, the pitot tube heating needs to be turned on separately, and this is incorrect.
IRL, it is on automatically.
To do so in the default A320, you must turn on the “probe/window heat” button directly above the APU control.
Again this is not necessary IRL.

If you haven’t, you should try the FlybyWire mod.
Much better and doesn’t have these type of issues.

1 Like

Thank you Sir - That was my Issue - Just finished a Cigarette Delivery Run from KSLC to KSJC - No issue through the clouds - I was turning on the Engine ones - but never thought to turn on the Probe/Window Pitot - :slightly_smiling_face: - No More Weird Landings in Bad Weather - :dizzy_face: - Thanks Again - Cheers !!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.