Airbus A400M Atlas

Hi there,

does anyone know if Asobo has announced development on an A400m yet? :slight_smile:

Just to tempt developers (FBW? I hope!!!)… an amazing A400M video by Airbus

2 Likes

Would be great! Would also settle for a C-17, C-5 or C-130.

Or… maybe even… AN-225?

2 Likes

I would like the Airbus 400M Atlas. I am not a lover of military flight. FS2020 is a civilian flight simulator and I like it for that too. However, this beautiful military cargo is often used for particular missions in remote places of the world, as we have seen in Afghanistan, and can land almost anywhere.

2 Likes

C-130H!! Wanna fight about it?

Just kidding! Would love to have both but there is a place in my heart for the Hercules with steam gauges.

3 Likes

Gonna be difficult as a lot of info isn’t public about the aircraft.

Would be very welcome news if we get an A400M, preferably with as much system depth as possible. Maybe a developer will develop one for the Marketplace in the future.

A choice for A400M from Roland Laborie :

The Airbus A400M Atlas is a European four-engine turboprop military transport aircraft. It was designed by Airbus Military as a tactical airlifter with strategic capabilities to replace older transport aircraft, such as the Transall C-160 and the Lockheed C-130 Hercules.The A400M is sized between the C-130 and the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III; it can carry heavier loads than the C-130 and is able to use rough landing strips. In addition to its transport capabilities, the A400M can perform aerial refueling and medical evacuation when fitted with appropriate equipment.

Features:

• Full MSFS model.
  • Fully Animated VC and exterior model.
  • 3D modeled gauges - PFD - MFD - AP - Terrain follow - MCDU.
  • Electrics. (AC/DC)
  • Hydraulics.
  • Air Condition.
  • Pneumatics
  • HUD-Autopilot-Autothrottle.

15 High Resolution Liveries:

• France.
  • Canada.
  • Germany.
  • Belgium.
  • Spain.
  • Luxembourg.
  • Malaysia.
  • Turkey.
  • United kingdom.
  • United States.
  • US coast guard.
  • US DDAY.
  • Atlas.
  • US Alaska.
  • Antarctica.

My vidéo here

1 Like

I bought it. It’s certainly not study level but it’s good enough for me. So far I’m very happy with it. And I love the animation of the trucks unloading.

One thing I can’t figure out. I’m unable to capture an ILS approach. The diamonds are never shown on the PFD even after setting LOC and APPR.

Anyone by chance can test this and let me know what you find?

Same for me.
Ils dont work.
i can’t reach hight altitude too. It’s a pain to reach 25K ft and unable to reach upper
And the HUD is broken

1 Like

HUD is broken for me too. Thought maybe I had a conflct with another addon but I removed every addon (incl MP addons) and left only the A400. HUD still didn’t work properly. Looks like a bad copy of the PFD.

I really like this type of plane, hope we get updates soon to fix issues that shouldn’t be issues.

Also - anyone gotten a response from their support email? I sent an email 6 days ago and not heard anything back. This is really frustrating.

Just got an email with an update from Simmarket:

Description:
Update.
Uninstall the old package and install the new one.

• Hud display.
  • Improvement: engine parameters at high altitude (30000 ft)
  • Improvement flight model.
  • Correction bug Ils.
    Not tested in VR. (does not have equipment)
1 Like

Been nice to do decent ILS landings :slight_smile:

So my next issue seems to be the formation lights aren’t working. There’s a knob on the upper panel with 1-4 brightness settings. Tested them all but no formation lights show up. Would anyone be able to confirm this?

I really do like flying this plane, but…can’t seem to get my throttles calibrated properly. I’m using the Thrustmaster TAC Side stick and throttles, went all out and bought the accesories that come with it like the flaps, spoilers and and extra quadrant. So…I’ve got four throttle levers. If someone is using even just two (2) throttle levers I’d really like to know how you got the throttles to the correct positions when using this aircraft. My configuration has the throttles almost at full-reverse and I can’t seem to get it out of that position no matter what I do.

Forget trying to get a hold of Thrustmaster as they basically don’t have a support system anymore, you can’t call them and they have weird hours of operation for support. Earlier when I did get a hold of them they were of no help to me, like…thanks for buying the product but your pretty much on your own when it comes to calibration. Their calibration software ONLY test its components to see if they work or not and are moving, and no help of specifics when it comes to trying to calibrate to any specific aircraft.

I’ve looked as far as I could on youtube but there’s no one out there using this for this aircraft, at least there are no videos of calibration. If anyone has any ideas I am open to just about anything - except trashing it and starting with a whole new set of other equipment, these things cost money…thanks!

1 Like

Not working for me either…

BIG UPDATE !
See my review in french here

1 Like

Don’t want to be mean but the A400 it’s a pilot’s dream and I don’t think it will be developed as study level anytime… the FCOM has a big banner stating it’s RESTRICTED and to be honest, the normal ops systems and software are way too complex (we still don’t have a decent a380 or 350) to replicate the real one.