Airbus H145 helicopter addon need improvement

Hype Performance Group did a fantastic job with this rotor craft , but…

For now (1.0 release) :slight_smile:

• List item

This helicopter is not compatible with the new rotorcraft fly model
Product activation is a nightmare
Key bindings seems like a beta procedure.
Not all cockpit controls are implemented yet.

The price is too high for a product still in beta !! ($70 for base & action package)

Despite everything, I believe in this product, hoping that it will be finalized quickly.

1 Like

The new flight model just released, so it’ll take some time for developers to adopt it. That said, HPG has already released a beta build in the install manager that uses the new flight model.

Actually I think the H145 is one of the best addons in the game. The amount of content is quite huge, including missions which you can do and the ability to make your own - no other addon in the sim includes this.

The devs got access to the new helo CFD model at the same time as you did and having been working ridiculous hours trying to implement them into a stable platform. They have been making new versions available since two days after the update dropped.

Keybinds are a bit unorthodox, however helos have systems which fixed wing don’t so they had to come with something to substitute the one for the other. Now that helos have been added to the game, they are porting over to the newly available controls. Even so, MSFS doesn’t have native bindings for hoist deploy/up/down, Hi Intensity Search light right/left/up/down/deploy/retract, etc. So there is always going to be some you have to map yourself.

I personally haven’t had any issue with activation, but I know some have struggled with it. However, the best thing about this addon is the user support the devs provide - literally in real time. I’m no fan of Discord, but honestly if you own this addon, you should join the discord. The lead (?) developer is almost always on there while he works, and answers pretty much any question immediately. I wish every addon had a davux3. I’ve seen him troubleshoot activation issues in about 30 seconds.

(HYPE)

8 Likes

About activation procedure : Tablet is inaccessible when you use multiscreen.

I think you can also enter license code in the HPG desktop application directly. Did you try that?

Cheers

It always seems a lot but I’ve spent more time and had more fun for my £70 than with any other third party aircraft. It’s actually quite a bargain in some ways, taking into consideration what I’ve spent a lot of money on in the sim and then hardly ever used.

Plus you can tell an absolute ton of time was clearly spent developing the action pack side of it. You do get a heck of a lot of content for your money.

Yes, but I solved this issue by deleting the windows of the multiscreen mod

The product is not in Beta, anymore than MSFS is. Additions, modifications however, are in Beta testing and available for download should you desire. I believe though, the beta versions are only available if you already own the release version. I feel the price is great for a release that gets better and more fun all the time.

1 Like