Airbus issues after patch (1.8.3.0)

I can’t switch between IAS and Mach in the Airbus. It changes to mach at altitude by itself (which it did before) but I can’t change it back to IAS. I don’t think it’s normal.

Also, I noticed it nose-dives when flaps are set to 1 at around 205 ias. It didn’t do that before. Also, final approach speeds appear to be 10ias slower too. I will have to do some more testing to see if this is a regular thing. If so, I’ll report the bug.

Well… it’s been fun. As an avid Airbus FS pilot, it’s a mess. Now out of nowhere, the glass panels keep turning themselves off. Not a fun experience. After many hours in this sim, it might be break time. :frowning:

15 Likes

I’m with you…I’m a pretty positive person I feel. But, I’m just out of energy atm. I think I need a break. I’m so frustrated. I was actually really enjoying the A320 with the mods that were being done.

5 Likes

Per the hundreds of us who can’t start the A320 in cold and dark OR the engines stop working pre flight causing several hundreds of users complaining they can no longer fly the A320 whatsoever.

14 Likes

I have the same problem, and also crash to desktop after some minutes

3 Likes

A320 has pretty much been all I have flown since I got FS2020. I had the updated mod by Iceman, and was pretty sure we were heading in the right direction, even if slowly.
After the update I have noticed numerous issues, but the worst of all has been the number 1 engine flaming out on me shortly after take-off on 3 occasions! After the first time, I removed the mod from the community folder, as well as the few liveries I had, and also the folders for Navigraph. So nothing in the community folder - no mods at all. And the same thing happened to me on another 2 take-offs!!
At this time I am frustrated and going to bed. I have reset the sim, and hopefully it would have finished re-downloading by morning.

12 Likes

No idea why @moderators keep deleting or moving my new messages, but every time they combine them into a group like this, we get 1 vote… so please, everyone VOTE on this thread.

If you are reading this message from me, and have A320 issues since the patch, please VOTE at the top-right of this thread.

6 Likes

Im having the same problem with engine 1

9 Likes

All I flew was the 320, almost daily since launch. It is so broken after this patch i can’t even play anymore. Maybe time for a different game. Did anyone test this patch?

21 Likes

Yeah, I booted up xplane after this update because I wanted a WORKING AIRBUS but since it’s just completely broken now, I gave Xplane a boot up.

Couldn’t deal with the graphics. FS2020 has spoiled me in that area and now I’m at a loss lmfao.

11 Likes

I thought I had a stuck key somewhere - I’d go to external view and come back and one of the panels was turned off… sometimes the middle one- sometimes the left one… random.

4 Likes

i had the same thing happen. I also had my plane veer off randomly when it previously always followed the data I inserted, and for some reason I can’t get the speed from mach to knots? It changes every time, at random, and the button won’t respond.

The AP is just insanely broken right now. it’s almost incredible how bad it is.

That being said, the ILS/LOC buttons seemed to work now! I did a mostly manual flight since AP is fubar, and the ILS landing actually caputred the localizer and glide slope, and I had a nice landing. At least that’s working?

Hopefully they fix this stuff in a day or so. I feel that since the ILS is now working (for me, at least. . . ) and that the weather is working now as well. they can probably get the things that they broke fixed quickly enough and we’ll be back out there.

1 Like

I’d thought about going back to p3d or xplane, but the graphics are just too terrible. I’m going to have to just develop patience with this sim, I know this will all eventually get fixed.

6 Likes

same here… patience

1 Like

That’s basically how I’m looking at it. You have to think that it has only been a month since launch and even then I honestly was not expecting it to launch till NOV/DEC.

Yah it’s buggy but I rather have it and than wait for a less buggy version.

Unlike most other games, Flightsims usually start off this way and honestly take years to get to level we’d be “satisfied” with. I’m not saying this will take years because Asobo seems to be very active and this is the biggest push I’ve seen for a simulator in the longest time, if not ever.

I can be patient.

7 Likes

Based on other reports, I just kept the APU on (turned the bleed off) the entire flight. Although it was a pretty short flight (KSEA-KGEG), at least the engines and displays remained on. This is with the Navigraph beta nav data and flybywiresim A320 Master mod.

Still, can’t believe they could release something like this.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with you all on this one. I was an alpha player and I can’t recall it being this bad, even in the early Alpha Stage. I have spent so much time into the Sim and my “daily driver” was the A320. Now it feels so unfamiliar and less reliable thanks to the bugs brought on by the patch.

1 Like

I can’t complete a flight with A320 is absolutamente broken for me, crash to desktop

4 Likes

Same here, completly broken on my side too.

• I need to click 1 inch at the right of AP buttons for them to work.
    This plane was “buggy”, now it’s no more “playable”.

Is there a way to downgrade version ? (like all other steam games ??)

11.5 Gb of patch for worth than it was… perfect job !

Test them next time plz.

1 Like

I wish it was possible to downgrade. I might downgrade the game to “charge back” status. I’ve sunk £100 into something I can’t play any more.

4 Likes