Aircraft Carrier Addon

I am told that there is an aircraft carrier add-on for MSFS but there are only 5 locations for take off and landing. I am looking for information about this add-on. Is anyone using this one and who produced it so I can consider ordering. Thanks in advance.

Thank you in advance,

Otrman AKA Henry

1 Like

I have it and love it. They have a discord you can find on the SimMarket page if have any questions. It’s made by Hard Deck Simulations and even though only has 5 (which are great quality and placement) you can use the Hard Deck Simulation Module to use on the free carrier pack from FlightSim.To and is well worth the price as can use with any plane and makes Jet operations a ton more fun

1 Like

Did this happen to get updated after SU5? I find that it crashes the sim on the second landing. Do you know how to find the latest version?

1 Like

Isn’t there an official MSFS add-on coming this fall? When the XBOX version was released the trailer at the end concluded with a “MAVERICK” add-on launching in the fall.

Yes there was a fix pushed quite quickly

@skypilotYTS there will be at least one yes. No idea quality or where will be. Though I’d still recommend this one for price as gives many in great locations and the module that lets use catapult and tailhook anywhere which is pretty cool too. But obviously if money is tight then the free one should do if can wait.

Thank you, please tell me where to find it. Otrman AKA Henry

1 Like

If you click the hyperlink (the words “Hard Deck Simulation”) in my first reply it will take you to store page and the discord is grouped with product information

Am I to understand that I need to packages to use this. No problem just need to find out where they are so I can download.

1 Like

You buy it from the simmarket site then run the installer. It should then save the launcher to desktop and automatically install the right folders into your community folder. All very easy. If on xbox I’m not sure if out yet.

I found the latest version on simmarket and I can now do several landings without a sim crash, so that’s great. If I understand correctly this should also work with the freeware carriers? From what I’ve read we just need to disable the land on cables option? My only negative about the HDS add on is when you catch a cable the stop is immediate.

1 Like

Great! Yep it works great with the SuperSpud mod and even short runways. There is definitely room for improvement like animated cables too and even the ability to start in the hanger but for value I can’t fault it!

JustFlight have the carrier add on too now apparently and are having a 30% off sale until the 6th if not got yet!

I see it says that it runs in the background instead of putting it in the community folder. Is it going to modify any files making it hard to un-install if it causes any problems later? Also it says that for right now any plane that lands will automatically have a tail hook deployed. I assume that will make landing almost a sure thing instead of trying to land without help for the shear challenge?

Shouldn’t be hard. Just go to add or remove programs and uninstall that way. I haven’t had any issues and do clean installed with each update :slight_smile:

I have installed it today. Take-offs and landing works okay but… I hate to put a damper on this and I must ephasise that I only did a couple of goes. Problem I encountered was every few seconds I got brief stutters. Not good when trying to land! I’ll try it again later. I’ve never encountered stutters before in the sim.

Hmm it shouldn’t be causing stutters. I haven’t had that issue with it :confused:

Has anyone found a way to make the HDS add on not stop planes immediately as soon as they hit the carrier? This is incredibly immersion breaking and the free Kinetic Assistant manages to let you adjust the length of time it takes to stop.

The stuttering has stopped since I chose the app to not be on top.

2 Likes

I bought the HDS recently and found stuttering happened if I forgot lift the tail hook before the next launch - my mistake. Perhaps that check box that says shift+q shouldn’t be checked if the plane already has a proper hook. I have the T45 Goshawk and the Corsair - both have cockpit activated hooks. Lots of fun doing traps and cats around the world. I didn’t know until reading this thread that if I added a carrier pack that this module worked on them, but it does. It even works from airports if activated properly. The kinetic control is great too because it adds more realism. I only wish the carrier arresting wires would move with the hook. Can’t have everything :wink:

I am a newbie for HDS. I am asked to l"Disable Crashes". CAn you tell me how to do that. Thanks Otrman