Aircraft ‘crashing’ on takeoff at American airports

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES

Brief description of the issue:

I would like to understand why aircraft, when taking off or landing at American airports on Xbox Series S, tip over when they encounter a dark crack on the runway? I will add some videos. No scenario installed. I did a test on both Xbox Series S and Xcloud and the problem is the same. In my field research, it seems that it does not happen on Xbox Series X and on Desktop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Video I recorded, taking off from KLAS.

This video was produced by a friend, who I asked to record my landing and accidentally recorded the sad problem that happens at American airports on Xbox Series S (KHWD).

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

KLAS, KHWD and a good part of the major airports in the United States, original from MSFS.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Taxiing at a complex airport in the United States, on Xbox Series S, using a medium commercial aircraft and trying to take off. You can notice cracks appearing at airports similar to fissures.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Adding another video, now with a standard aircraft from the simulator.

I’ve never experience this myself, and only via other peoples videos, but I think what’s happening is the scenery is loading in too slowly, and the faster you travel on takeoff roll, the closer that misaligned ground tile gets until finally you clip it before it gets the chance to line up with the one you are on.

I think this is one reason why those in jets seem to see this more often that those in prop planes. What sort of broadband speed to you have?

Could you use Edge to visit this site, and post the results here:

Do you have anything else installed?
Like bridge improvement or road improvement…?

Check if you have the rolling cache activated and if it is activated delete and create a new one

Thank you Hobanagerik. Well, this only happens in the United States! Nowhere else in the world does it happen. I suspect that this is the Series S struggling to deal with such a complex scenario, and perhaps, based on what you commented, the response time of Bing’s servers, but it would happen in large European cities, which does not happen. By the way, what is your device?

1 Like

Thank you ToniGsxr600, traditionally I don’t use any addon that changes the ground, gates, airports or use scenery because I’m paranoid that it might cause some problem, so I don’t use it. So the answer is no.

What can happen is that this can be a problem with the Series S. This only happens in the USA, precisely a country where airports are very complex and require more system usage, I imagine.

Look, if I take off without going to external view, it takes off normally. Opened external view in taxi, it is likely that the plane will break on the runway. Well, it is notorious that this is a processing problem. But also, I ask, what is your device? I may be talking nonsense and this may be latency to Bing’s servers in the US, but I repeat, it only happens in the US. In metropolitan or major airports in Europe, it does not happen.

I use the XSX, and although it’s been rare for me, I have had misaligned tiles on runways every now and then. I could be wrong but I think it’s more common in photogrammetry areas.

It’s never caused me to crash the aircraft on takeoff as far as I remember, it’s usually just a slight bounce. But I do vaguely remember crashing on landing. Between braking and falling onto a slightly lower tile, my plane nosed over.

Typically the tiles align themselves before I reach them but every so often they won’t.

PS, MS Store version with ~550Mbps connection.

Thank you ExplorerJB. Yes, I questioned Series X users, who said they didn’t know that this issue exists on the Series S, as well as questioned those who went from Series S to X who said that this stopped happening with the X. We can deduce that the greater processing power of the X has mitigated or nullified this issue.

It is notorious during the taxi that the airport looks like a puzzle! It has fissures or cracks that keep appearing and disappearing. I believe that the aircraft’s landing gear collides with these deformations during takeoff and ends up jumping and falling.

I think for those who are on a computer it is not happening. Which I think explains why there are no alarming comments about it. Very sad and thank you for your collaboration.

1 Like

After the photogrammetry tip from friend @ExplorerJB , I introduced a new test and when turning off Photogrammetry on the Xbox Series S, curiously the gaps that appeared at airports disappeared and the aircraft stopped breaking on takeoff. Unfortunately, this left the cities poor in terms of buildings and things of that sort. I will mark it as solved but I request that the MSFS team do an investigation to find out what causes this and if it can be fixed in a future “SU”. Thank you all, and thank you for the observation friend ExplorerJB.

2 Likes

Temporary solution: Turn off photogrammetry in the MSFS data settings on the Xbox Series S.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Same issue here. Xbox series S, happens on a lot of USA Airports.
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have World Update USA installed
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: