Aircraft Eurofighter Typhoon

Has anyone bought this aircraft on marketplace. If yes, can anyone tell me ?:

Where to get the user manual or instructions ?

What is the key that activates and deactivates the airbrake, or the Saiteck X52 Pro joystick button ?

I just extracted this plane in MSFS and I find it among other very deficient functions, these:

1).-With the throttle at minimum (at zero), the plane continues flying miles and miles and miles, and almost with the same speed; this represents a serious problem for landing,

2).-The HUD, all the information that is represented there is almost invisible, and it is due to the inadequate color of the numerical characters, and its size should be bigger, (to be seen without any effort).

1. The PFD also has excessively small information.

What else can those of you who bought this aircraft tell me?

I await your answers.

Regards : Delfin

speedbrake = spoiler

:smirk:

This is widely regarded by anybody with any standards at all as one of the worst add-ons for the sim. It’s not remotely well made or realistic and the developer doesn’t care in the least; they just want to make a quick buck from people who see a sexy fast aircraft they recognize in the marketplace and impulse buy without doing any research.

I would always recommend looking for forum threads, reviews, and videos before buying a commercial addon.

11 Likes

This plane is a Frankenstein’s monster of a fighter…sorry you have wasted your money on it and maybe it’s a wee lesson to do a bit of research before handing over your cash next time

2 Likes
  1. For speedbrake, you need the extend spoiler and retract spoiler set up with key binds to slow down as well as reverse thrusters.

2. A lot of aircraft have displays are awkward and small. Try either dragging out the window or using Air manager.

3. With Air manager you can customise your own information outputs. You don’t need a 2nd monitor as you can display as an overlay.

1 Like

I picked up a Eurofighter on simmarket for free a while back… was a weekend deal thing. I have say even for being free it was bad, very bad…. It did not stay on my hard drive for long…

To the OP it almost sounds like it has an auto throttle enable…. It would not surprise me if it’s just that bad a model though.

I really wish I’d done some research

@syldon13
the first point of your post, was the inspiration for me to discover the operation of the spoiler, which in this case, is what is more commonly called airbrake.
Tell me, how do you activate or configure what you call back thrusters, does this airplane have back thrusters. I would ask you to expand on this point so that I can understand it.
Secondly, I have no idea how the Air Manager works, can you explain something about that?
Thanks in advance
Regards: Delfiin

You don’t use reverse thrust in the air.

Hi @Renoi71
Thanks for the pfd file (manual for this aircraft). It is the worst manual I have ever seen in my life; much worse even than the airplane. However, it helped me to understand something more about the plane. A manual of only 13 pages is a total lack of seriousness towards potential buyers of that aircraft.
Do you know/do you know, who is the author/authors of that plane and his e.mail. I would like to contact him, to ask him several questions and suggest others.
Kind ragards: Delfin

Your answer is so brief that I don’t know exactly what you mean. Of course, I don’t use the reverse thrust until I land, but in this aircraft, I still don’t know where the reverse thrust activation is located (if it has this function).
Regards: Delfin

Don’t buy it from the Marketplace. Endless amount of topics on this

You had only talked about not being able to slow the plane down in the air (saying it would continue indefinitely with throttle at zero without losing speed), so when reverse thrust was suggested I felt it was sensible to point out this is not a solution for slowing the aircraft while still airborne. Although the Bredok Eurofighter is such a piece of junk that for all I know maybe reverse thrust in the air actually works.

It does not allow reverse thrusters in the air. There is also a huge difference between stating “if you want to behave as real life, then you do not do this”, over simply stating “you do not do this”. People pay the game themselves, and play it however they wish.

The real Typhoon does not have reverse thrust (the Tornado did), it also does not have flaps…did not stop Bredock adding them though

Hey peeps,
How can I get the screens on when sometimes they don’t come to life at startup.
I know it’s no where good enough made a plane for hardcore dudes to like but jeez it’s fast and if you want a mighty fast fly around I don’t think it’s so bad, I think the £30+ f14 is a bigger let down personally, it’s barely can make Mach 1 at sea level… I don’t think the f15 is much better, that was another £30+let down!
Thanks.

Hi @bawbagz67

Dated 09/25/2021 I have published the post “Aircraft Eurofighter Typhoon”, as a consequence of having purchased this aircraft. I had not yet discovered this post to which I now turn after having read the 134 replies given by the members of this community.

From what you have written, you have bought and enjoy this aircraft; I guess you know it much better than I do. I usually fly in “ready to fly”. Please clarify these doubts:

On autopilot, I have been able to get the plane to fly the correct heading and speed as assigned, but I can’t get it to fly at the set altitude; I can only achieve this (with constant manual corrections) with thrust control and pitch trim adjustment. Can you tell me sequentially how you set the altitude. Very often, I have also the difficulty in assigning to Vertical Speed immediately I have set the altitude at which I want to fly, when pressing that knob, V/S switches to off too often, I still don’t know the reason. Can you help me: What exactly is the sequence to follow with V/S once the altitude has been set?

Another difficulty that exists (still unresolved), is that the plane does not slow down despite setting the thrust to zero (it flies, and flies, and…flies) almost indefinitely. If the airbrake is not activated, it is almost impossible to land. I guess you continue to have this problem.

I look forward to that information from you, and in advance, thank you very much.
Kind regards: Delfin

Well done on getting your user name past the censors.

Clearly Microsoft don’t employ Jocks!

1 Like

Hi @ TangleBinkie44

Frankly, I don’t understand your comment, could you please be more explicit?
Thanks. Regards: Delfin

1 Like