Aircraft in development

The dev updates state some 100+ aircraft have been announced and are in development.
Is there a list of currently in dev aircraft for MSFS2020?

I’m sure MS/Asobo have that data. The last dev. update merely states the following, as you say:

Aircraft:

• 111 aircraft (+7) are either released or are in various stages of development.
    • 20 aircraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
    • 9 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
    • 71 aircraft (+5) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
    • 20 aircraft (+2) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.

I’ve not heard of anyone collating an actual list, sadly. It would be nice to know what’s in the pipe.

1 Like

Right. But:

• 71 aircraft (+5) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
    Surely, these can be listed.
    I am not aware of anything near that. There is the Aerosoft CRJ and DHC6 that are hyped by SA.
    There are PMDG and FSlabs who are frozen and they avoid stating anything but that it will take a looooong time.
    Carenado publish one or two and there is the upcoming Archer.
    Where are the other 65?

It does seem like a lot, doesn’t it. Even if it were two planes per dev. that’s potentially 30 developers out there who appear to be doing a good job of keeping their respective heads down!

Regarding PMDG, there is an interesting thread elsewhere that suggests that they are not “frozen”, but refuse to move forward with new tech.

just on top of my head DC-3, An-2, Beaver, Cessna 310, Islander, 2 Spitfires (Mk. I and Mk. IX), P-40, Concorde, A220, A380, CRJ, Twin Otter, two classics that I do not remember the name of, there was also an ultra light STOL, Tupolev… just off top of my head but many more were announced already

I really would appreciate some classics like concorde, 14-bis, wright flyer, Bleriot XI, DC-3 and antonov AN-225 (ok, this is not an classic, but it is iconic).

They must be counting the horrible ports and incomplete aircrafts often released. A guy ports an F14 from somewhere and it “flies” then it counts…
You, I, we, are counting the “serious” aircraft payware or freeware like Aerosoft’s, Flybywire, Carenado, PMDG, etc…
Like you I count about 1 serious airplane to eventually be released this year (Aerosoft’s CRJ), then some maybes and others are radio silent.

3 Likes

There is already a very well made Bleriot XI:
simMarket: WING42 - BLÉRIOT XI MSFS

1 Like

Bleriot XI has been released by Wing42 months ago. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

I have high faith in Aeroplane Heaven DC-3, which will be coming this year too. I am also thinking Aerostar by A2A will as well.

1 Like

Don’t forget the flying donut and star wars mods. They count too :wink:

1 Like

At least they fixed the flight model and now it matches perfectly how a donut flies in real life!

5 Likes

Omg, thank you very much!!!

add to that the Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV by JustFlight, Aerostar 600 by A2A, T-45 and M346 by IndiaFoxTecho - they also have a F-14, F-35 and Eurofighter in the making.

DC-3 is coming and it looks gorgeous.

1 Like

I’d love to see a list to- amazing! I know there are a number of freeware birds in the pipeline too- 757, a350, a220, a380. Quality Wings said they’re working on the 787, which was top-notch in P3D. And, don’t forget about Aerosoft’s CRJ too. I have a feeling that momentum is going to build in the next couple of months and we’ll start to see a steady stream of new birds for the sim.

Exciting times for sure.

so they fixed the roll rate…?
how bout those belly landings tho…
dozen get any better than this folks

Just because it is not in the marketplace does not mean it is not out there.

The Bleriot XI is insanely slow and very difficult to fly but awesome none the less.

One that has had really good reviews so far is the AT Simulations Piaggio/Focke Wulf P149

http://atsimulations.com/focke-wulf-149-msfs

(they also do the Cri Cri for MSFS if you what something tiny noisy quirky with an option for a jet engine and floats )

Arguably the best jet for MSFS so far is the SimSkunkWorks Aeritalia-Fiat G91:

I guess you never saw a donut flying…

1 Like

You got me excited there for a sec. Seriously who is developing the Islander?