Aircraft list with images and filtering/sorting function

I’ve been searching for a concise list, a single page that showcases all the aircraft available in MSFS 2020. I wanted to see images, especially of the cockpit and the exterior of the planes, and find essential information before taking flight with a particular aircraft. Additionally, it was crucial for me to be able to filter this list to view only the planes from specific categories or editions of the simulator. The bad news is I couldn’t find anything satisfying on the internet. The good news is I’ve taken it upon myself to work on this project, and now I’m presenting the first version (with some pride, considering I’m not a programmer and only have basic web programming knowledge). Please note that the data in the table is not all official, so it may be the subject of debate.

Here’s what the first version of this project includes:

• A list of the 62 aircraft models available in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, with the following information:

• MSFS 2020 order number
    • Aircraft name
    • Year of manufacture
    • Availability of Auto-Pilot functions
    • Images of the cockpit and the aircraft’s exterior
    • Optimal takeoff and landing speeds, as well as the critical stall speed
    • Cruise speed
    • Edition
  • Sorting functions in ascending or descending order on specific columns

• Filtering functions for the list based on specific criteria

• The Lightbox feature for viewing and scrolling through image galleries (you can use arrow keys for scrolling and Esc to close)

• Zoom function with a simple click on the image in the Lightbox

You can visit the project at Kapnoflyer.eu. It works properly on desktops, but please note that a mobile-optimized version is not available yet.

I look forward to feedback and suggestions for improvement, but please be gentle with me because my web programming knowledge is very limited.

Feel free to post this on the forum, and I hope it will help MSFS 2020 enthusiasts, especially beginners, but maybe also those with some experience.

5 Likes

Nice work!

Max altitude and range would be good additions I think.

A fine list, I’m sure @Baracus250 will be here in short order. :wink:

3 Likes

Darn, you know me too well!

I’m on phone at the moment (out and about) so will take a proper look later (does work OK on phone too really at a glance)… but yeah good job @hiTMan4Dirt !!

Next step… add the 800+ Payware and Freeware options lol.

What is Kapnoflyer? Your own domain name?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Yes, Kapnoflyer is the name of my project and the domain I chose to host the page. The prefix ‘Kapno’ comes from my pseudonym Kapnobatai - those who walk on clouds :))

Very nice. Wish this was the default way to pick aircraft in the sim. The panel preview would be especially handy for the Reno aircraft as each aircraft in the same class or type can vary substantially on the panel.

1 Like

You might be interested in this. Done by @Stardrifter2232

Feels like between this, yours and the database for our Hobbs Hours app, there is a lot of duplication and crossover going on. We should probably join forces somehow :slight_smile:

Nothing has everything combined though so it’s a conundrum for sure!

3 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Nice job! I have had a long-term vision of making something similar with the data I’ve been collecting in my Notion project, which was meant to be the start of it. But between work and having a 1 year old, I just haven’t had the time or patience to build a custom project. Great little tool you’ve created!

2 Likes

Excuses, excuses :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course only joking. Mine is 5 now, it doesn’t get any easier mate!!! :slight_smile:

Plus 10 years still not easier!! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

I tried something with this tool. It’s interesting, but there are limitations related to the height of the row in the table. Which makes the list view inappropriate. Image management also seems cumbersome to me. I could not create a navigable gallery with the images at a reasonable resolution. Otherwise, tons of flexibility… I have to analyze a little more. Thanks!
KapnoFlyer Aircraft Database

Hi, nice table. One thing that caught my eye is that the pictures for the 747 and the 787 might be mixed up. Nevertheless, nice work!