Aircraft missing from flight planner

Hi today I logged into MSFS and noticed a number of third party aircraft and liveries were now missing. They are still in the community folder and listed in the content manager but do not appear in the aircraft selection window!
I am at a loss why this has happened, has anyone else experienced this and what the solution might be? Thanks

Update …third party airports are missing too! Does this mean reinstalling everything?!

Is this still an issue? Since I updated to the 40th Anniversary Edition, the Cessna 172 steam gauge is gone. Looks like everything else is still in the hanger though.

Hi everyone. I am missing the Cessna Citation Cj4. ??

I think I found an easy fix here. I posted the same thing here a short while ago (Post Deleted) because I found that the planes were still there. go to the Content Manager, type in what you are missing in the search bar and the item should come up as installed, even though you cant see it in the hanger. Delete the aircraft or pack and then reinstall the aircraft you just deleted. it should show up in the hanger then.

1 Like

Perhaps rebuild the content.xml file might be a fix as well?

I do it by renaming my community folder and creating an empty one, starting msfs up and doing something like start a flight or go in the hangar, exit, switch the directories back again. Other people delete the content.xml file before starting MSFS to do it.

Strangely, I restarted my fs2020, and they were all back. I can’t explain this glitch, since I did nothing except restart.

As I noted, it was likely a content.xml glitch.

If you had only just installed the planes, whenever you install anything, you need to quit and restart. Sometimes it will look like some of it’s there, but you’re not guaranteed that it will work properly without exiting and restarting. MSFS just is not any good at doing a full install on the fly.