Aircraft parking at gates

Hello,

A couple of other question…

1. I just loaded a flight from KPHL to KMIA and noticed that some aircraft at the KPHL gates are wrongly placed. I have an Air China 737 and some European airlined at some gates when they do NOT fly to KPHL.

2. Also, another issue that I am having is that I have heavy traffic (747 and A330 generic airplanes) taking off from runway 26 (5001Ft / 1524m) when this runway, in real life, is for small aircraft like cesnas and DeHaviland Dash… Pretty much propeller planes. The heavy traffic should be taking of on Runway 27L under normal operations. (Runway 27R is for landings and Runway 27L is for take-off)

I am a flight attendant for a major US airline based in KPHL and I am very familiar with the daily operations… at least at this airport!

So, how do I fix this problem? Is there a place where I can report this issue so it can be fixed?

1. And lastly, how can I substitute the Generic aircraft with the propper livery and texture?

Thank you very mych,
Pablo Vazquez

1. Asobo has not made it where airlines park at correct terminals/gates. The traffic gets injected and is suppose to park at least at the correct size parking spot.

2. Runway use is still something that needs to be worked on by Asobo. Traffic flow is not great and many times, traffic still use wrong runways to depart and arrive. I’m not sure of any real expectations long term Asobo has in order to get traffic flow better and proper runway use.

3. Are you using any sort of third party add on for traffic or live traffic only? Do you have any traffic models in your community folder such as FSLTL or AIG? Model matching by FS is not the best, but it is decent. If either/both of those are in your community folder, FS will attempt to match, though don’t expect it to be perfect. The generic models I have yet to figure out how to completely get rid of. I have tried deleting them from the Asobo folder, and also disabling them as AI traffic in the cfg file.

1 Like

Hello SageLobster5901,

1. Oh ok

2. Hopefully they will work on it and get it fixed sometime soon :slight_smile:

3. I do not have any third party addons at all on my MSFS and to be quite honest, I do not add anything for fear that I may not install it properly and mess up my MSFS. I still use P3D v5.2 because of this. I dread the day when I have to move completely to MSFS2020! LOL!.. I can look into AIG since I have that for my P3D and am somewhat familiar with it.

Thank you again for your reply.

Regards,
Pablo Vazquez

There are lots of mods over on flightsim.to that help with parking issues. I have linked to my mod, but this is just one of hundreds that help make the airport more realistic.

1 Like

The beauty of MSFS is that it is extremely easy to add content to the sim, you can’t really mess up the sim by installing an addon improperly.
You download the item you want (I too use Flightsim.to, almost daily) unzip, place the unzipped item in the sim’s “Community” folder.
Start up the sim.
The addon will be active.
It really is that simple!

1 Like

As seven said, easy…and if it’s a buggy mod or you don’t like it, simply delete it and it’s gone, no harm done.

I’d also recommend Simple Traffic from Areosoft, available in the market place. While not perfect, and has a few drawbacks, it does a decent job placing the appropriate ac at the appropriate airports.

1 Like

Hello,

I downloaded and installed FSLTL and the Injector through the FlyByWire installer. I watched a tutorial on YouTube and now I’m sitting at KSFO watching the traffic moving around… taxi, takeoffs and landings. It’s like the AIG for P3D. Just watching them and not having to look at the generic aircraft is a breath of fresh air

Thank you for the recommendation. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Pablo

1 Like

Thank you. I think I’m good with FSLTL but I will look into it.

Regards,
Pablo

1 Like