Aircraft spawns at cruising altitude when loading in an approach

Exactly what I was thinking. There’s only so many ways to code for a general aircraft category based on performance envelope.

1 Like

That would be even more amazing.

But practically (for now), an altitude appropriate to the current on final distance would be sufficient for now. I think currently it’s set to around 5nm on final, so that’s about 1500’, and would work for almost all aircraft, light pistons to jets.

@Parorng

Dev Team requests more detailed steps to support reproduction on their end.

So far they’ve tested:

Stock C208B at C75, LFBD, LEDC and SAZC - sim set them at 1400 feet.
Stock A320N at LFBD, EHAM, EGLS and KJFK - sim set them at 3500 feet.

They’ll try to do more detailed testing, but if you can provide specific scenarios/airfields they can test at, it will be more apples-to-apples for Repro.

As a reminder, please conduct your detailed step procedure using a Vanilla sim only (no add-ons, empty community folder). Thanks.

1 Like

C172 ILS 01 @ KDCA

1000ft AGL @ 4.3 nm Fully established on the ILS

Looks good to me.

From this point I could always easily slew out further, and higher if I wanted a longer approach.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes
Brief description of the issue:

when loading an approach in any aircraft it now defaults to a height over 20kfeet
This is despite setting the navlog altitude to around 2500ft

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load a default approach to an airport
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

this started yesterday but was fine two days before :kissing:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: