Aircraft Tutorial Documents

Hello,
I am looking for a (preferably) One stop shop for guides to the aircraft in the simulator. I know tutorial videos exist for each aircraft and I do watch them but I would rather have a paper / PDF guide I can go off of with pictures, for example

Procedure to Take off
Step 1) Turn on this switch… (Picture of the switch)
Step 2) Wait until the gage reaches 100… (Picture of gauge in question)
and so on…

This is so I can quickly reference it while learning the aircraft, and learning where everything is. The Aircraft that I would most like guides for are the following

• Daher TBM 930
  • Cessna Citation CJ4
  • Beechcraft Bonanza G36
  • Diamond DA62
  • Airbus A320neo

I am happy paying for a guide if it is reasonably priced and of good quality, But as with everything… free is always preferred.

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Google “aircraft type” POH / Pilots Operating Handbook

The real world documents are easily accessible.

That said, they are modeled after real world, which the Asobo aircraft are not (in terms of how much they actually function) so the guide may say press this button, but in the Virtual Cockpit, you cannot.

For the CJ4, get the document off Working Titles website.

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/cj4/guides/

For the A320, I would imagine the FlyByWire guide is a good soruce.

For the G36 I downloaded / printed the POH.

As far as “Checklists” go on flightsim.to and check out JayDee’s checklists, he does almost every aircraft and they are well done.

1 Like

Use the search engine of your choice and search videos for each question. You’ll find everything and more! Happy learning. :saluting_face:

Aye I have watched the videos for the aircraft but I would prefer a Paper-based tutorial that I can print off and have with me as I go through it. The videos are very good and detailed but my preference is for paper-based / PDF.

1 Like

I recommend A Guide To Flight Simulator: Extended Edition available in the Marketplace or directly from sofly.io. This guide should have been called the Missing Guide for MSFS. There are several helpful tutorials as well as info about just about anything related to MSFS. I often use the tutorials as benchmarks to test each new MSFS update. It comes in three formats: two PDF files, one landscape, one portrait, and a toolbar extension to access the guide while flying. Pages can be printed from the PDF files. The only negatives about this guide (and they are sort of related) are 1) not timely and 2) some stale, outdated information. For example, in the section about video cards, the NVIDIA information is from January 2021, driver 457.30. Clearly, this info is very out-of-date. Their performance tuning recommendations are almost a year old and should be ignored. MSFS is a VERY dynamic application with a constant flow of updates and new products. I imagine it is quite difficult trying to keep a static product like the guide as up-to-date as possible. I still recommend this guide even though the last update was July 2022.

I noticed a new product on the Sofly website, Aircraft Checklist Pro for MSFS. I have not purchased it so I cannot review it here. Their website says:

Aircraft Checklist Pro gives you access to aircraft-specific checklists for all included Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft . The 80+ page document provides you with everything you need to know to get your aircraft from a cold & dark state to the skies and then back to the ground again before shutting down.

Sounds interesting!

Keep your eye on this folder for some (not all) aircraft:
Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

All aircraft generally have checklists that you can view/follow in-game. This YouTube video gives a walk-through: All REAL PILOTS use checklists - How to use the MSFS 2020 Chceklists. - YouTube

This SDK article discusses features and technical aspects: Checklists (flightsimulator.com)

Hope that helps a little.

1 Like