Airfoillabs Study Level Cessna 172NG! I want that in Flight Sim 20

Greetings fellow pilots,

under normal circumstances a Cessna is not that interesting anymore, yes we have seen this one since 25 years - and only when using it for 3D VR flying it would still be interesting. A classic plane and a great plane, but without VR the typical Cessna is just not that interesting anymore.

But there is a new star on the horizon that makes the Cessna 172 more interesting than ever, the Airfoil Labs Cessna 172 NG. This development team truly brings the classic Cessna again to live with ALL interesting parts fully modeled, even the engine cover can be taken off and various parts of the engines clicked live and repaired or just serviced.

Before waiting another ten years until A2A Accusim awakens from their eternal slumber and bless us with their study-level planes (which will probably never be the case because their last sign of life was during the Flight Simulator X FSX haydays…): How high are the chances that this precious plane will be released for Flight Sim 20?
Developers should always have in mind that releasing a plane for Flight Sim 20 will have greater sales numbers in one week than all sales numbers for FSX, X-Plane and prepar3D combined together before denying Flight Sim 20 for no reasons and saying “no we refuse releasing for Flight Sim 20 because ehm that´s the way it is and always was…” - the wallet would say something else! :wink:

Just look at this airplane it´s absolutely gorgeous and the engine is fully modeled and can be clicked!
I absolutely WANT this plane for Flight Sim 20 - so is there any chance this A2A Accusim quality C172 will be released for our Flight Sim here?

2 Likes

While I want this exact same thing too, and I switch over to XP11 when I am trying to do some training rather than just fun flights, this will be awhile. A2A has not been completely quiet, however they’re working on developing other MSFS aircraft and to my knowledge have not mentioned the 172 planned for it. As for other sim companies like Airfoil Labs making it for MSFS, I don’t believe ther has been any mention of it. I am however extremely hopeful that at somepoint in the future this will become a reality.

I contacted Airfoil. They have no plans to support MSFS.
Pat

Hmm well having X-Plane 12 installed will be a must have to get some or these very rare and ultra special add-on planes that are hiding out there in the wild.

So far I am not really satiesfied with the graphics of X-Plane 11, but maybe this will change as soon as X-Plane 12 is released. The Cessna CJ4, the Airfoil Labs Cessna 172, the Aerobask Phenom 300 and a few Boeings releasesI got into my mail account now and then looked very promising, so nothing wrong with having two sims installed for the maximum choice of greatest planes.

Theyre loss then Huh?

Sorry to bring this out from the dead. I just wanted to say I’m frustrated with Xplane 12 default scenery and autogen, but I love the SDK support for 3rd party developers that allowed products like Airfoillabs to produce the C172 NG Digital.

On the other hand, I love MSFS 2020 for VFR as the visuals are great. But after 2 years, there seems to be a lack of SDK features for 3rd developers to even en produce something like Airfoillabs can in Xplane

Can’t have the best in one world. So we are stuck with two different simulators to get the same task completed.