Airport Data - Where Can It Be Found

How do you find the navigation info for a particular airport in a flight plan. I would like to use the ILS data for the airport that I am landing at, but I can’t seem to find it in the sim. In MSFS X, it was available on the Map screen. You could see the runways, VOR, ILS, etc for each airport. I can’t find that in 2020.

If you are setting up the whole flightplan, including an ILS approach, in the World Map of MSFS, then you need to zoom in on your destination airport after selecting the particular ILS runway approach. Then do the following:

1. Just past the far end of a runway with an ILS approach (IOW, if you want ILS 27, look just beyond the 90 end of the runway) will be navaid symbol with a square in it. That is the localizer for the ILS approach from the end you’re landing from.
  2. Click on this navaid. On the right edge of the screen, a box will pop up showing the name of the localizer and its frequency. Write both down on a scratch pad.
  3. At some point before you get there, you need to enter the localizer frequency in a NAV radio and make it active, then change your CDI (if you have one) from following GPS to NAV1 or NAV2, whichever one has the localizer freq tuned.
  4. If on autopilot for most of the approach, be sure to go into APR mode so you get glide slope indicators than you can follow on down.

Chartfox.org

1 Like

GLITCH: After setting the Nav Aids ‘ON’ using the Filter window, the ILS icons will appear. But clicking on on an ILS will sometimes NOT bring up the information window with the frequency.

Odd Solution: Click on the livery windows in the upper left corner. Then close the livery window. The information window with the ILS frequency will be back.

For other noobs like me…
Most pilots have iPadds or tablets now and can; in the cockpit, use apps like Skyvector.com (free) to pull up most everything one needs for Flight Planning.

• Right Click on any airport pin on the live updating VFR Map and you can get:
  • Airport Diagram
  • Runway STAR PDFs with ILS frequency & Glideslope Entry Altitude

My MVP to have open at all times right now.

Thanks for all the tips. Will use them on my next flight.