"Airport is currently IFR, request denied"

Since the patch, the above title is all I get from ATC now! Never had it before. What gives? The weather though not clear skies, is clear. Does this have something to do with flying at night? Please say no, as ATC telling me to climb to 5000ft in a cessna, for a 25 mile flight then telling me I am at the wrong altitude when I’m on the beam is ludicrous and immersion breaking. Lets face it, we all know ATC in IFR is broken.

You can ask to “Ignore Weather.” That will allow you to fly VFR even if it’s IMC.

2 Likes

I thank you Tango!

1 Like

I had the same issue at KLIT in completely clear skies.

The flight following issue you reported second is listed under the “Known Issues”

I am having the same issue, tried to land on Indira Gandhi Airport in India, request to land denied. Now other airports “request to land denied” But i cant find “ignore weather” In wich menu is this?

In the ATC window.

1 Like

Yup, found it! Thank you!
But is it a bug or what?

It’s not a bug if the weather at the location is indeed IFR.

1 Like

Severe weather conditions on the ground is a reason to denie me landing rights,yes!

But clear skies and a sunny day is not a reason to not to give me landing rights.

And i tried to land several other surrounding airports,but the same result!

And what says METAR/ATIS at destination for curiosity? If there is difference between METAR/ATIS and weather depiction then it is clear, logical?

I suspect this is an issue where the METAR is correctly reporting Live WX conditions at your destination, but Live WX that is not loading in the sim. That’s usually what these mismatches come down to.

Addressing why Live WX isn’t working for you will probably go a long way to fundamentally addressing your issue. Note that it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bug in the sim. Most times it’s because the end user has a problem with having Live Services delivered to the sim. That might mean troubleshooting Internet connections, rebooting the sim or even the PC, etc.

Today i was again denied landing at Sharm el Sheik/HESH. Same thing. I changed the date and weather, but without result. Clear skies as you can see. There should be an option “ignore weather” in the ATC panel, but i couldn’t find it upon landing. I have a gigabit internet connection. So this should, nt be an issue as suggested. (I landed anyway…)

Internet speed doesn’t matter as much as the sim pulling data from Playfab for Live Services. You have a data connection issue somewhere. That means troubleshooting Windows, Windows Gaming Services, XBox Gaming Services. Even cycling Live Weather off and on might work, but there’s a lot of baselining you’ll have to do now.

I watched a lot of options in the menu, but not sure what i am looking for… I have read there were mover people having trouble with being denied landing.

More issues. ATC wants me to change altitude every minute. 6700,7100,4900,6100,4900… Etc
ATC is going crazy…

Passing over mountainous terrain at too low an altitude for the MEA. Get higher.

The easiest place to turn Live Weather ON and OFF, then ON again is General Options-Data. Then restart the sim for good measure.

Also, in the Weather Options before you hit Fly Now - you can cycle it from Live Weather to either Preset or Custom, then back again.

Sometimes it’s just a matter of cycling the setting to get it to be recognized.

Other times it will get a lot more labor intensive to resolve.

Basically: If your issue is that if IFR conditions exist at your destination based on the IN-SIM Metar report and you’re seeing CAVOK at the location, then the immediate diagnosis is that Live Weather isn’t working for you.

Thanks for the tips👍Going to try it out!
I am currently in Northern Egypt cleared for landing. Finally!

Is there a general setting somewhere that makes ATC ignore if weather is IFR at and airport? I remember getting denied to take off for VFR in the past, but it is a long time ago. Maybe I have made ATC ignore it permanently?
But I guess it is only relevant for airfields with towers? When you are at an airfield with Unicom you can do what you want (not that you should)…

Oh, it’s a problem ?
I just thought it was normal. I’ve had encountered this with clear sky.
I just landed on the parking :slight_smile: